ADVERTISEMENT

Official UAB Thread

We are just not tough enough and not enough offensive weapons.

This team is better than last year's team.... it is still not a good basketball team. Expecting more from Konkol next year, or I would say it should be his last.

Reactions: drboobay
This team is better than last year's team.... it is still not a good basketball team. Expecting more from Konkol next year, or I would say it should be his last.
I agree with this. He also found a star with Haggerty which is a plus.

If he can turn a 14 win team into a 17 or 18 win team, he will get another year.

If he can turn a 14 win team into a 17 or 18 win team, he will get another year.
Increasing the wins next year is all dependent on retention and the recruiting. No one knows how that will play out till next November. Used to, you could predict the following year......no more. Coaches will be leaving the profession in droves I predict. No family time left.

I have said this every game to deaf ears finally people are seeing the truth

You are talking about someone who has had a problem with our coach pretty consistently since Phillips. Pull your britches back down. People aren't seeing the truth, you are just imagining that because it fits your narrative since game 2 of last year.(I'm exaggerating, but only by a little.) UAB is good, and we were with them until the last 4 minutes. Only a seven point loss.

I still want to see what this coach can do with a dominant big man.(If he can find one, and/or mature one./Reed) He had one at Louisiana Tech, and did well. The whole offense can't really be put in place effectively without one. I'm referring to almost any offense, not just Konkol's. If you have 6 or 8 really gifted athletes, then you can put an entirely small ball game together from start to finish. Otherwise it requires someone that can move people around in the paint on both ends and/or hold your ground, not get moved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT