ADVERTISEMENT

Official Toledo Game Thread

Such blah play calling. Finally a good pass downfield. Nice bulldozing from shamari.

What am I missing? Christian Williams replaces Mitchell, & just like last week (in brief playing time), he consistently makes the tackle. He looks SO much better out there, & our defense as a whole looks vastly improved. He makes plays. He wraps up. Mitchell, on the other hand, is always a step late & simply cannot bring ballcarriers to the ground with any consistency whatsoever.

Thank God for Toledo penalties. Defense is working hard, but ouch. Bad angles. Bad tackling. Do we not teach corners to turn the hell around and look for the ball?

At least our d is now making them earn it.

Zero faith in President's throwing ability. One throw in the entire half?

And yes, I'm whiny tonight. Sorry.

Reactions: TUGrad06
28-14 at half on the road isn't bad but I wish we hadn't misfired so much in that 2nd quarter. There are no safe leads with our D and they get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Reactions: TU_BLA and TUGrad06
I can't speak for the whole crew, but Anthony Calabrese the referee is an AAC ref. Pretty sure, but not 100% certain he worked our Navy game last year.

Yep, we'll likely give up a long TD to start the 2nd half. Our offense needs to get some more sparks. Chad needs to keep on the option, and throw downfield. I still wish we could've seen more of Skipper. Put Bower in.

Zero faith in President's throwing ability. One throw in the entire half?

And yes, I'm whiny tonight. Sorry.
He was 6-10 in that half but I do agree we need to throw it more to open up the run game.

I know the philosophy is get points when you can but we can't trade TDs for FGs.

I'd go for it. Tulsa cannot stop anything. Did anyone see how bad this defense was going to be PRIOR to the season? It's shocking.

I knew as soon as I got excited about the defense in the first half they would let me down

I'd go for it. Tulsa cannot stop anything. Did anyone see how bad this defense was going to be PRIOR to the season? It's shocking.
Our safeties are utterly useless. Isn't the premise to give help over the top. They're glued to a spot 15 yds from the LOS and their eyes never move side to side. We're going to score 45 points and lose by 10 the way this is going

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT