ADVERTISEMENT

Official SMU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Not sure what to make of this one. Smoo QB has some skillz, TU secondary needs to be ready. Pressure on the QB will be key. TU RB trio needs to control the ball and the clock. Fatherhood seems to be suiting Wilkerson well. Prince is big time.

Ted Cruz: 31
Jim Inhofe: 34

Reactions: TULSARISING
Golden Driller 34
My Little Pony 17

Chalk up another win for Covid...

The Covid Virusers have now moved up into #4 in the nation and are expected to play for the National Championship...

Rumor has it ALL the teams in the nation are in fear of the dreaded Virusers! Although the Virusers only field 19 players, they are considered to be a team no other teams want to mess with...

I’ve waited for a year for this game. It’s going to be wide open. Kill SMU.

Huffy 51
Peruna 49

Hail to Tulsa U: 45
She'll Be Coming Round the Mounting: 24

SMU's defense is really not good at all

Covid Virusers 😂😂😂
As the Union Redskins are just the latest PC school to change their name, so must the Viruses change their name. This is an insult to 1.3 billion Chinese from whence the Virus came. I'm certain that each & every one of these people, if they actually stop their daily lives to think about it, are saying "finally", those damn Americans realized how much this upsets us. TU-30 Smoo-28

Reactions: HuffyCane
As the Union Redskins are just the latest PC school to change their name, so must the Viruses change their name. This is an insult to 1.3 billion Chinese from whence the Virus came. I'm certain that each & every one of these people, if they actually stop their daily lives to think about it, are saying "finally", those damn Americans realized how much this upsets us. TU-30 Smoo-28
What is union new name

Hail to Tulsa U: 45
She'll Be Coming Round the Mounting: 24

SMU's defense is really not good at all
They name the song Peruna, the same as their mascot. Apparently it’s arranged slightly different than the children’s song and their use predates it’s release as a children’s song. It’s also not their fight song, they just play it a lot, like Rock You Like A Hurricane. They name of the official song is Varsity.

I do respect their mascot though: it once kicked and killed the Colorado State Ram and tipped Bevo. Other than maybe Ralphie at Colorado, has any other mascot actually killed something?

#knowyourenemy
#thesejokersaintworthknowing

What is union new name
They will just go by "Union" for now. Some are suggesting going back to the original school nickname from the 30's which was Cornhuskers. Personally I think they should go with Raiders or Red Raiders. It goes well with their current color scheme.

They name the song Peruna, the same as their mascot. Apparently it’s arranged slightly different than the children’s song and their use predates it’s release as a children’s song. It’s also not their fight song, they just play it a lot, like Rock You Like A Hurricane. They name of the official song is Varsity.

I do respect their mascot though: it once kicked and killed the Colorado State Ram and tipped Bevo. Other than maybe Ralphie at Colorado, has any other mascot actually killed something?

#knowyourenemy
#thesejokersaintworthknowing
I never heard about it kicking the Ram at CSU. That's both hilarious and sad. I worked at Baylor in Student Affairs for a year. The bear pit with Judge Billy was across the street from my office. That thing was a big softie and would do the Sic Em Bears thing if you offered him grapes. I believe Baylor has since moved the live bear enclosures off campus and made them larger as in the early 2000s there was a big PETA push to eliminate live mascots. (One of Baylor's bears was killed in a road accident traveling to College Station some time ago. The truck and trailer were involved in a wreck and the trailer rolled several times...that's how it was told to me by Baylor people). PETA has a point on some of their concerns, but to be honest, schools treat their live animal mascots with so much reverence and care, these animals have it made. Unless of course you're an OU fan and the drivers of the stupid schooner keep flipping it over dragging the animals down with it.

Plus 2 or better in turnover margin TU wins, plus 1 to minus 1 toss up, minus 2 or worse a TU loss. Our offense or special teams can’t put the D on a short field or we will be in trouble. Finally our offense has to finish drives for us to win.

Like TU better on a defensive game
31-21
As someone who has watched most of our conference brethren's games whenever possible this season, I've seen multiple SMU games (in total or in part). SMU's defense is turrible to put it as Charles Barkley would call it. It's not good. Poor tackling and they seem to have a lot of the same problems in the secondary that they had last year which is misunderstandings of coverages and poor communication. If you recall, TU had several long pass plays last year where there wasn't an SMU defender within 10-15 yards of our WRs. That's not one player beating another, that's bad communication. It's still present this year. Seriously, without Monty going into his prevent offensive mode at half time last year, we win that game by 24. If Monty goes back and shows video and actually sees what the defense is doing, he will know if we bunch 3 WRs to one side, and run a shallow drag with one of them, one of the other 2 will be wide open looping outside and running a pseudo wheel route. The number of times that has happened last year and this year to SMU's defense is staggering. And it's so bad I can't tell if SMU is running a man cover defense or a zone when these things happen. Both defenses have to be good to have a defensive battle.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I'm saying Tulsa 31, SMU 34. Tulsa is up all game and blows a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and SMU wins on a game winning field goal after questionable time management by Montgomery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT