ADVERTISEMENT

Official Rice Game Thread

This is the worst yet.

I gotta get out of here. Feeling miserable and ready to pick a fight.

Thinking of skipping the Tulane game in lieu of brunch somewhere in New Orleans. Would hate to ruin that trip with football.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
This is the worst yet.

Thinking of skipping the Tulane game in lieu of brunch somewhere in New Orleans. Would hate to ruin that trip with football.
Tulane is more physical than Rice it won’t be pretty.

My wife commandeered the tv at 7 PM so the Astros game could be on versus the Southern Oklahoma Rangers.

This is the worst yet.

Cancelled my flight at halftime.

I am not a fan of the hurricane siren going off when Rice is in the red zone. Wake up, Rice is about to score again.

Unless I missed it, they haven’t announced anything, which means we didn’t even break the damn beer record. Tonight sucks completely

5th year QB against us in several games is just not fair........They are just so much better at that age.

Reactions: HuffyCane
i think over the next 5 years or so, Tulsa and many schools like us will not be relevant at all. NIL will make it impossible to recruit or keep any type of talent. We have such minimal talent and won't even be able to afford a coach worth anything.

Super depressing to see us perform like this against rice.

There’s only been 8 or 9 times in CFB history a team has won when trailing by more than 24 with ten minutes left.

Monty is enjoying this game. I'm sure he needs some joy, considering he's gonna be fired at eos.

Reactions: TU 1978
They have out rushed us! That is unbelievable considering they have not had success all year running the ball.

Reactions: drboobay
Cancelled my flight at halftime.
I went to the trouble of pressuring my wife to come with me, so I cannot back out now. And I was also the initiator for my friend to buy tickets. So I'm stuck. But thinking of ways to avoid going to the game and enjoy the city instead.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I’ve seen one game that I thought this coaching staff was a good hire. ONE.

I was not thrilled with the hire and tonight truly displayed that. Regardless of the prior game performances .

This staff is not right for TU.
At TU, you have to create a team that plays above the level of the individual players talent.

We have a bunch of players and a coaching staff.

We don’t have a team.

i think over the next 5 years or so, Tulsa and many schools like us will not be relevant at all. NIL will make it impossible to recruit or keep any type of talent. We have such minimal talent and won't even be able to afford a coach worth anything.

Super depressing to see us perform like this against rice.
Been ruminating on this issue... if we recruit HS studs then OSU will poach them in yr 3... maybe get 1 yr out of a juco kid.. get a RS soph from a CUSA team and he goes 5th yr b12... so we recruit the malcontents and castoffs in the portal and hope to piece together a 6-6 every year...

Maybe get lucky and get a coach that inspires loyalty till he leaves....

Im ready for a baseball program...

I was not thrilled with the hire and tonight truly displayed that. Regardless of the prior game performances .

At TU, you have to create a team that plays above the level of the individual players talent.

We don’t have a team.
But, he came with the Bill Haisten seal of approval.

unacceptable!!!!

this so called team is PATHETIC!!!!

hell...let's just drop all of it and get it over with....

FOR SALE....beautiful big buildings just off 11th between Delaware and Harvard!!!!

Reactions: Rapostman
One of the worst halves I’ve seen a Tulsa team play in awhile. Poor on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. UConn scored 38 on these guys 5 days ago in Houston. Thankfully Rice isn’t very good. Still believe we come back and win this game. We are a QB (who can consistently throw a football) away from being a decent team.
Davis Brin is doing quite well at Georgia Southern

We don’t have a team.
What a dumb post.

We are starting walkons on defense. What does that tell you?

Montgomery quit recruiting and left us with very very little.

What a dumb post.

We are starting walkons on defense. What does that tell you?

Montgomery quit recruiting and left us with very very little.
It tells me that Wilson spent time helping Ohio State lose in the playoffs instead of recruiting at Tulsa.

You saw Colorado replace their entire friggin roster. There will be no excuses allowed about ”the pantry was bare” anymore.

It tells me that Wilson spent time helping Ohio State lose in the playoffs instead of recruiting at Tulsa.

You saw Colorado replace their entire friggin roster. There will be no excuses allowed about ”the pantry was bare” anymore.
Agree 100%, we need to pull a Deion this off season and tell alot of the players to find another place to play

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Embarrassing
Was at the bar in our nation’s capital in my TU regalia.
It was so bad,I asked them to turn it over to the other game.
As someone else stated “ we crapped our pants on national tv”
That has consequences.

Embarrassing
Was at the bar in our nation’s capital in my TU regalia.
It was so bad,I asked them to turn it over to the other game.
As someone else stated “ we crapped our pants on national tv”
That has consequences.
I got some positive comments from coworkers around the country after we beat Temple.

I got a few sympathy notes today.

But, he came with the Bill Haisten seal of approval.
People at the Tulsa World just really think we should copy whatever OU does and it’ll work. Just hire the re-treads and guys that were pretty good at OU and just maybe TU can compare. Turns out in theory that concept is a failure and just done so we can always stay little brother to OU.

We should’ve hired a coach with upside and potential like GJ, Joseph Gillespie or Brennan Marion. Any of them would’ve been an upgrade. If you want to be a great program you have to take a gamble. Not hire a failed CFB HC just because he held Bob Stoops clipboard back in the day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT