ADVERTISEMENT

Official Houston game thread

Whoever said it would come down to free throws was prophetic

So clutch Rachal. I've been hard on him this year for some bad passes and losing it when he dribbles, but he played tremendously tonight. Well done! Wish KES could of sealed it with that open 3 at the end so my heart didnt fluctuate so much but I'll take it!

Wasnt able to watch alot of the game so I couldnt see the officiating. But gotta at least give it up to them for calling that last one. Alot of officials swallow the whistle regardless in that circumstance

Wasnt able to watch alot of the game so I couldnt see the officiating. But gotta at least give it up to them for calling that last one. Alot of officials swallow the whistle regardless in that circumstance
That was the only thing they gave us!

That's the last one though, that'll do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coog tears are the best!!!!

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: TU Pilot
This reminded me of the football championship game, except with a happy ending.
I thought it was over when Rachel missed that last shot. I was amazed that they called a foul and we still had life. This was a big moment for Rachel. I loved the way he walked off the court with this swagger like he never had a doubt.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
This reminded me of the football championship game, except with a happy ending.
I thought it was over when Rachel missed that last shot. I was amazed that they called a foul and we still had life. This was a big moment for Rachel. I loved the way he walked off the court with this swagger like he never had a doubt.
I literally applauded after a couple of his pivots in the lane. Things of beauty.

Hmmm, Your hate of haith go, you just can't let be.
I just find it funny the disparity between how Haith is treated and how Monty is treated despite both having more successful years than just about any TU coaches in decades. They’re still calling for Monty’s head over on the football forums, but this win (while still great) should cure all of everyone’s problems with Frank.

I just find it funny the disparity between how Haith is treated and how Monty is treated despite both having more successful years than just about any TU coaches in decades. They’re still calling for Monty’s head over on the football forums, but this win (while still great) should cure all of everyone’s problems with Frank.
He's still playing the wrong point guard, and winning in spite of it.

He's still playing the wrong point guard, and winning in spite of it.
So was Monty lol... and if Cincy doesn’t steal home field he probably has a win over #8 and a conference championship outright.

I appreciate the win tonight. The team showed tons of guts, but it’s been the same story every season. We get some big conference win and crap the non conference bed tanking our NCAA chances. I would trade this win for the 2000 run or a few of the 90’s runs in a heartbeat. Hopefully this will be a recruiting tool for us as the Memphis 40 point beat down should be and the program will grow because of it.

Haith has had one losing season in 7 and won 1 conference championship. Monty has had 2 winning seasons in 6 years and no conference championships. The numbers tell the story.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Haith has had one losing season in 7 and won 1 conference championship. Monty has had 2 winning seasons in 6 years and no conference championships. The numbers tell the story.
Though I agree with your post in general, I will give Monty an exception on Conference Championships. Cincy semi stole it, by not playing us at home.

It’s much easier to have a winning season in basketball than it is in football. Just ask Doug Wojcik. Dude had 20 wins every year. Still a garbage coach. Haith’s championship was a co-championship because the team choked in the must-win game at WSU, and he was on track to miss the NCAA’s again due to poor early season performances. Monty has been 3 missed field goals from two more top 25 wins, another winning season and an outright conference title and major bowl game.

If we’re going to nitpick one coach’s flaws despite their successes then we have to treat the other equally.

Nobody outrebounds Kitty (cept us in 2nd half & at crunch time). Loved the heavy D which bodes ill for opponents to come. Let's lay some on Sinnsy this week-end for a measure of payback.

Reactions: loca2874
I'm not the biggest Haith person, the slow starts to seasons, sometimes weird substitution patterns, but the comparison to him and Monty isnt even close. Have to be a complete Haith hater in order to draw those comparisons.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
On officiating...

"We've learned, and you've gotta let me do the complaining." Frank Haith postgame against Houston

Our fans are elite at heckling officials. I wonder if that harms us at times.
A couple of these guys get so mad about nothing. My whole section was threatened with being tossed once over banter that was, at most, playful and not demeaning. I wrote the league about that one and never heard back. Another time, Zelton, in a really big game, came running across the Court 30 seconds in to tell people that if I stood for any other part of the game, I would be tossed. He actually said “sit your ass down.” I wrote the league again and never got a response.

But ECU acts like asshats in game and they get an apology from the league. I just don’t think this conference respects

But back to my original point, maybe we are better off just yelling at the opposing players and for our team. Rest assured, in the Zelton situation, I hadn’t done much more than that. I think I said “bad call” on what was, objectively, a bad call.

Our fans are elite at heckling officials. I wonder if that harms us at times.
A couple of these guys get so mad about nothing. My whole section was threatened with being tossed once over banter that was, at most, playful and not demeaning. I wrote the league about that one and never heard back. Another time, Zelton, in a really big game, came running across the Court 30 seconds in to tell people that if I stood for any other part of the game, I would be tossed. He actually said “sit your ass down.” I wrote the league again and never got a response.

But ECU acts like asshats in game and they get an apology from the league. I just don’t think this conference respects

But back to my original point, maybe we are better off just yelling at the opposing players and for our team. Rest assured, in the Zelton situation, I hadn’t done much more than that. I think I said “bad call” on what was, objectively, a bad call.

Conference doesn't control the refs for basketball anymore. It's a national assignment thing. So blame the Big XII and the Big 10/SEC who I am sure work to get their personal choices and we get what's left.

Anyway for basketball write someone else now, I'm sure they will be just as unresponsive lol.

The issue is their is no accountability, I really think they should have to do a recorded debriefing after every game, where reporters and a supervising official ask them questions about calls.

A healthy dose of embarrassment as your answers get replayed on talk shows for WTF? Segments would probably correct a lot of this grand standing, which is what it is. Some refs might even leave opening the field up for someone beside the same 20 sixty year old men.

I have to wonder if the covid has caused refs, especially older, more experienced ones, to opt out. Few if any use reffing as a first income. Most of the crews we’ve seen do not look familiar and the reffing this season seems to be particularly awful. Not skewed against one team or another but just obvious missed calls such as the offensive goaltending and walk in the lane that should have been called against Houston last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT