ADVERTISEMENT

Not too bad vs ACC

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
3-3 against the ACC, and two of those games were Tulane losses. We'll see how USF does against upcoming Syracuse. Got a chance to go into the black, with a USF win.

Reactions: dvctulsa
I wouldn't put my money on USF. Good to see ECU continue their dominance over the ACC though.

Cincinatti looks like their second string quarterback is finding his feet in the Miami win. Cincinnati will probably be a really tough road game. I was thinking they were going to be fairly easy cuz of the young QB, that apparently won't be the case. Really puts them in the hole, that they had to play Memphis and Temple so early on in the QB changeup.

Kiel played against Temple and threw 4 picks. He got crushed, literally, against Memphis and came out. The FR QB is the real deal throwing the football. I'm sure if you start moving some LBs and DBs around the LOS he might not be as savvy to call and audible at the line. It helps their OL is beastly and basically just shoved Miami's DL off the ball last night. Even in the 4th when you knew UC was running the football, the RB still ran off chunks of yardage. The ACC isn't all that great after you get past FSU, Clemson, and maybe GaTech.

The gap between the G5 teams and the P5s is starting to narrow in football like it has in basketball. Kids without sure NFL futures are going to the G5s because of a promise of almost immediate playing time. They don't want to sit behind a 5* just because he's a 5*. The biggest difference between the P5 and G5 schools right now is depth.

I didn't watch the temple & Memphis games. I thought Kiel got injured in the first game & didn't play in the other?

I didn't watch the temple & Memphis games. I thought Kiel got injured in the first game & didn't play in the other?

He was injured late in the Temple game, but started the Memphis game and was injured in the 1st or early 2nd quarter.

He was injured late in the Temple game, but started the Memphis game and was injured in the 1st or early 2nd quarter.
Kiel was in on what turned out to be the game ending INT in the Temple game where the ball was tipped and the LB picked it off in the endzone. He may have been dinged but he finished the game.

Ok, I just knew he was injured, and assumed he was out the whole time. Anyway, that may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise for them, and not too pleasant for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT