ADVERTISEMENT

Non-P5 Playoff spot...

I think it comes down to an AAC team and Toledo. Toledo is really good and has some quality wins so far. Their toughest game will likely come from Northern Illinois who is also pretty solid.. The MAC has some good teams this year. Ohio's only loss is 5 pts at Minnesota, Ball State has played well in their P5 non-conference games. Northern Illinois gave Ohio State all it wanted and should have beaten Boston College last weekend (BC coincidentally has one of the best defenses in the nation and no one knows about it because their offense cannot move the ball or score without a busted play). Its hard to determine which AAC team has the best shot because I think it will definitely come from the west but who knows if any of those teams can play enough defense to not slip up once.

Boise destroying UVa plus "brand" likely the winner if sweeps out. I assume BYU is not eligible (beat Boise, 1 point loss to UCLA, but destroyed @ Michigan).

AAC champion would need to be undefeated or one respectable loss to a top 10 team (TU vs. OU for example).

I also understand it's a team selection, not the winner of the highest rated conference.

It's the highest ranked G5 school in the playoff ranking at the end of the season. The MWC is not nearly as good top to bottom as the AAC this year. Outside of Boise the MWC is dreadful. Houston, Memphis, and Temple may all be in the same conversation with Boise this year, Cincinnati, Navy, and perhaps us could all beat every other team in the MWC this year. And don't sleep on the MAC, Bowling Green has as many B1G wins this year as Purdue has had in the last 2 years. Toledo has 2 P5 wins this year. I don't think Boise is a lock for the G5 bid.

The Boise bandwagon has cooled down in recent years. I feel as though much of the press they get is from past accomplishments rather than current ones (although whipping Virginia deserves some praise as they took ND to the brink). I agree 100% with TU_BLA, the MAC is a stronger conference than MWC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT