ADVERTISEMENT

NIU game thread

4th & 4, and risks a short field for us? Nahhh! Not worth the risk.

Two min left for the home team and the punt will maybe net you 30 yards. There’s just not much to gain in punting (still plenty to lose: blocks, shanks, bad snaps), and lots to gain in going for it.

There’s a right answer analytically and my suspicion is the right answer is going for it. But I suppose what call you would make there really depends on your personality. Do you see more opportunity or more risk?

Last edited:
Reactions: ctt8410
Two min left for the home team and the punt will maybe net you 30 yards. There’s just not much to gain in punting (still plenty to lose: blocks, shanks, bad snaps), and lots to gain in going for it.

There’s a right answer analytically and my suspicion is going for it is the right call. But I suppose what call you would make there really depends on your personality. Do you see more opportunity or more risk?
4th and 1-3, yes.

4th and 4+ no.

Even after they snuck in that onside kick (which even caught me by surprise, had zero inclination they'd try that), I was still surprised they went for it on 4th and 4. I could see the merit in going for it on 4th and 1 or 2... In any event, thank GOD that receiver bobbled the ball and it was incomplete. That game felt a lot like the Memphis game last year, where Tulsa blew a double digit lead late in the game and Tyon sealed the deal with a crazy interception with under a minute to play. Was glad he was able to redeem himself after crawling over on the 1 yard line to talk smack in the NIU player's ear.

i'll admit it. when TU failed on the 4th down, i smh, admitted defeat and went to bed. i'm glad i ws wrong but it should have gotten to that point.

You are right. I figured they would play out the clock. As I said, should have known better.

I'm assuming that espn+ is on the main video board behind the end zone.

Even I who wasn't really watching the broadcast, was getting aggravated at espn+ for not getting many replays on the video board.

Watched the screen for 5 min waiting for the replay.(little bit of an exaggeration) Really an aggravation.

Last edited:
A question regarding the horrible espn+ broadcast, since I’m stuck watching TV for the rest of football season.

What part does TU play in providing infrastructure or personnel for athletic broadcasts? I read that espn+ uses some of the local college folks for their broadcasts - is this true? I had never previously had the problems that many of us experienced with Saturday’s game (such as the seizure inducing red screen of death) and the men’s soccer game didn’t have the same problems Sunday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT