ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Radio Remix on EOH Podcast

CaneVideo

I.T.S. Junior
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2009
On the latest Eye of the Hurricane Podcast, our Post Game Radio Remix after TU's win over NIU. HIghlights and interviews with coach Wilson, Kendarin Ray and Tautai Lio Marks

https://t.co/Sr6goxG1Ji

I am very impressed with Coach Wilson in interviews. He takes more blame to deflect criticism from players. He will say what they need to do better but quite a bit of “I” made a bad call, “I” put him in a bad position, etc… That builds great support from the players. I am sure in prIvate they hear more criticism.

I am very impressed with Coach Wilson in interviews. He takes more blame to deflect criticism from players. He will say what they need to do better but quite a bit of “I” made a bad call, “I” put him in a bad position, etc… That builds great support from the players. I am sure in prIvate they hear more criticism.
I haven’t been around the man much, and I’m not in the locker room, but I doubt it’s criticism. More likely, at least at this point, it’s honest assessments and feedback. We are talking about a guy that has coached in 4 national championship games. He’s not going to get rattled by a shaky win on the road. He’s been around long enough to keep it in perspective and at this point, it’s not likely he’s going anywhere. So it’s not like Williams is keeping him from a multimillion dollar pay day next year. And nobody wants him fired on Twitter yet. So he doesn’t really have a reason to criticize too much with a roster that is still shell shocked from the incompetence of the previous coaches. If you aren’t doing what you are supposed to do at work or can’t, you hear about it in plain calm talk. There’s probably some of that coming on Monday to get ready for Tuesday practice with a short week. But that’s probably it. Criticism, if any, will come in the spring as people are told to move on or why they won’t be playing much in the future if they stay as the roster builds out.

Reactions: caneks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT