ADVERTISEMENT

New NIT selection protocols

If we turn out to be good our soft schedule is going to bite us in the butt based on this criteria.

They don’t care about anything other than money. They’re gambling that someone would want to watch a 15-15 (6-12) SEC team over a 25-5 (17-1) mid major.

I actually think the committee makeup would be favorable for non-P4s to get bids. The one that bites mid-major conference champions is the need to have a composite computer ranking above 125 to get the auto-bid. I would still like to see the computer rankings put more emphasis or double weight non-conference games and that would help with the cluster **** 15-15 programs from P4s who only have 5 conference wins in said conference from riding the coattails of the actual good teams in their conference.

I see this as good change for TU. I don't think its likely we win the conference and fail to receive a top 125 ranking. This gives TU a better chance to receive an at large since conference winners that are not in the top 125 won't be taking the bottom spots.

So based on the metrics being used, you guys believe we have a decent shot of finishing higher and being chosen over conference mates with similar conference records ? I don’t see it based solely on scheduling.

So based on the metrics being used, you guys believe we have a decent shot of finishing higher and being chosen over conference mates with similar conference records ? I don’t see it based solely on scheduling.
Maybe not with this year's schedule but I am assuming it will get better.

Reactions: lawpoke87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT