ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Tracker

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
TU beat FIU tonight with a goal in the 5th minute in the first OT. TU looked disconnected in the 1st half, and came out on fire in the second half. Juan Sanchez (FR) is a player...have no idea how he scored through all the traffic, wicked left foot curled into the far post. TU scored their second on a rebounded PK (FIU keeper made a fantastic save). TU had several good chances to take a 3-1 lead but couldn't convert. TUs defensive posture got really lazy and passive late in the game leading to FIUs equalizer which McGuire got a hand on but not quite enough. FIU had a couple good chances in OT before TU countered with a nice overlapping run from left outside back (Stavro) who made a nice cross to Velasquez who hit a nice one time shot into the far post for the winner. TU travels to South Bend next to take on Notre Dame. Last time a TU team went to South Bend it turned out pretty well for us!

I was supposed to be at home icing my foot last night but I crutched my way out to the game and let nature ice it for me. It was well worth it. What a game! I almost forgot I was on crutches on the golden goal. Went to stand up and almost fell over lol. Luckily my friend was there to catch me! Can't wait to watch them on Sunday! Will they be on tv?

I watched the game online last night on the TU site and the feed was excellent (my son had soccer practice last night in prep for a tournament this weekend, otherwise we would have been there). TU played one of the tougher schedules in the country and held their own against top 10 competition this year. Juan Sanchez is an unbelievably talented striker for TU and doesn't need much space to make something happen. TU will give Notre Dame all it wants and then some on Sunday

Well, naturally-TU takes the Domers to OT. Let's hope we get the "Golden Goal" & no shootout.(although TU hasn't done bad with PK's). It's PK time. Deja vue all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gold*
Bloody bleep. Tu misses all pk's & the Domers win.. That's it for the AACK! in the tourney. TU,USF & UCONN all go down.

Young team bodes well for next season. Just too much tempting of the fates, taking it to PK's for what, the fourth time in a row?

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA and Gold*
It is a really young team. I talked with Tom at a TSC event earlier this year and he said the team was really young. McGuire comes back next year and that will only solidify the defensive side and this team will just continue to gel and create. Expect a preseason top 20 ranking from this crew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT