ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA in Tulsa thread

11hour drive from NMSU and Mich St. Not too bad. Arkansas kept from Tulsa for some reason. Wish we had gotten Northwestern.
Baylor/SMU should be fun. You know it is a bad year when they call ILS loss to Tulsa a BAD loss.

Given their coach's behavior at the game in Tulsa and vile comments on their board about our recruitment of Joiner, I'm glad to be called a bad loss for them. Only thing that would make it better is if the committee included the extra time awarded to them in that game in their decision.

Reactions: I.I.
Big 10 teams travel fans really well. Glad to see Mich St. Baylor may not bring as many as Texas last time but SMU should outdo Memphis from our last NCAA.

Don't know about NMSU.. We will get the 100 fans from Miami that are on the plane with the players. USC/Providence probably few there. Biggest question is will Kansas fans come down for first and second rounds or wait for KC. Missed out on Wichita, Creighton, Arkansas, and Northwestern who would have really helped.

Can't send Arkansas here to play KU because Arkansas is closer. 8/9 seeds can't get geographic preference over 1 seed.

SMU is a 6 because they are 2-3 against tournament teams. I agree that they are probably a 4 or 5 using the "eye test" though. They are very good.

Reactions: I.I.
Big 10 teams travel fans really well. Glad to see Mich St. Baylor may not bring as many as Texas last time but SMU should outdo Memphis from our last NCAA.

Don't know about NMSU.. We will get the 100 fans from Miami that are on the plane with the players. USC/Providence probably few there. Biggest question is will Kansas fans come down for first and second rounds or wait for KC. Missed out on Wichita, Creighton, Arkansas, and Northwestern who would have really helped.

I think having games on Friday & Sunday will help out of town/state attendance. I expect KU fans to dominate. I'll be interested to see how many fans SMU brings.

You don't want the late Sunday games because out of towners may need to get back home.

BOK Session 1 Friday
11:40 Baylor vs New Mexico State
30 minutes after: SMU vs Providence/USC

BOK session 2 Friday

5:50 P.M. Kansas vs NC Central/UC Davis
30 minutes after: Miami vs Michigan State

a great chance to boo SMU once again. It will be so sweet to see them lose in either the first or second round.

It won't help that OSU is playing sometime on Friday.

My prediction is that the same a@@@e fans for SMU that went to the Reynolds Center will show up again. I don't think SMOO fans travel en masse- to many cocktail parties to attend. And Tulsa (sadly) is not a destination for the Big D types.

When they chant S-M-U I hope that the TU fans in attendance will respond appropriately. I will.

We're going to wear Tulsa gear to the games. I am going to try to root for SMU, purely for AAC Conference $$ purposes, but I may change my mind as we interact with their fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We're going to wear Tulsa gear to the games. I am going to try to root for SMU, purely for AAC Conference $$ purposes, but I may change my mind as we interact with their fans.

Don't think I'll be able to root for SMU but will be there in my blue and gold.

a great chance to boo SMU once again. It will be so sweet to see them lose in either the first or second round.

My prediction is that the same a@@@e fans for SMU that went to the Reynolds Center will show up again. I don't think SMOO fans travel en masse- to many cocktail parties to attend. And Tulsa (sadly) is not a destination for the Big D types.

When they chant S-M-U I hope that the TU fans in attendance will respond appropriately. I will.

I'll be rooting for Shake. He's a good kid.

Baylor hasn't played well over the last few weeks. I think SMU wins that matchup

I've got two tickets for Session 1 on Friday that I'm looking to sell: Section 327, Row K, Seats 13 & 14. That's exactly on the mid court line (Row K has 26 seats). $100 each. Direct message me if you're interested!

They really messed up the seeding of the B-10.

Pitino's boy gets a #5 seed absolutely ridiculous.

Arkansas gets #8 seed but lost to Okla State #10 seed by 25?

Wisconsin finishes second in both regular season and Tourney and gets a #8 seed and beat Minnesota twice.

Maryland gets a #6 seed beat Okla. State by one at home only top 50 win non conference.

Go figure.

Nice to see Izzo in Tulsa, fast forward to the Barnett questions and his days as an assistant.

I guess I'm pulling big time for the Mustangs anyone else?

GO TU!!!

They really messed up the seeding of the B-10.

Pitino's boy gets a #5 seed absolutely ridiculous.

Arkansas gets #8 seed but lost to Okla State #10 seed by 25?

Wisconsin finishes second in both regular season and Tourney and gets a #8 seed and beat Minnesota twice.

Maryland gets a #6 seed beat Okla. State by one at home only top 50 win non conference.

Go figure.

Nice to see Izzo in Tulsa, fast forward to the Barnett questions and his days as an assistant.

I guess I'm pulling big time for the Mustangs anyone else?

GO TU!!!
Yep, for monetary gain only. I hope they get to the final four, and then proceed to fall apart in the next couple 'o seasons.

No he's not. I doubt you know much about him.

I don't really care. Tulsa needs to start holding onto these kids. Our program needs to instill some pride in the up-and-comers in our community that makes them want to elevate the community's status instead of bailing for some snake oil in Dallas. If Shake had grown up 10 miles from the heart of the OU campus and he passed over OU to go to Texas, what do you think their fans would be calling him?

Just like every other college kid, he should have done what he thought was best for him and his family. You might disagree with his decision but it doesn't make him a traitor or anything else.

smu fas? are both planning to make the trip?

The SMU message boards are looking at a huge number of fans to travel to Tulsa. They have been waiting a long time for a team that has a chance and the short trip to Tulsa is perfect. Baylor is more suspect. They were on a high when # 1 but have lost some enthusiasm the past two weeks. Long trip from NMSU but they have some great fans. Michigan State travels well but this team is not their best. Miami and USC hopefully sell their allottment.

I bet if you want lower level tix, call NMSU. I doubt they sell their allotment.

Does anyone know if the school allotments allow them to sell Sunday tix or only Friday to start?

I will be cheering for KU and their coach with the Captain Kirk toupee. I wonder it was gone where no man has gone before!

Last edited:
When I bought via Oakland last time Tulsa hosted rounds 2-3, you purchased the first session and if the team advanced, you automatically were charged for the final day. No option to only buy day 1.

But surely you can get Sunday only tickets after Friday is done.

I bet if you want lower level tix, call NMSU. I doubt they sell their allotment.

Does anyone know if the school allotments allow them to sell Sunday tix or only Friday to start?

School only gets Friday Session tickets for their session. If they win, they get Sunday tickets then.

Mrs. Kendall and I have decided to just go downtown Friday, and find somebody selling tickets. May be a dumb strategy, we will see.

Reactions: I.I. and TU_BLA
I'd wait to call the play-in schools...they'll probably have a heckuva time selling allotments.

Mrs. Kendall and I have decided to just go downtown Friday, and find somebody selling tickets. May be a dumb strategy, we will see.

Watch out for buying anything for a currently happening session...there was no reentry last time and if that ticket has been used already you're probably out of luck on getting in with it again.

I don't remember that being the case in 2000 in Austin. :-/

And related to that, there's no alcohol sales inside. And since you can't leave and come back, if you want an adult beverage do it pregame.

#importantstuff
#nobeerwasasadsurprise

And related to that, there's no alcohol sales inside. And since you can't leave and come back, if you want an adult beverage do it pregame.

#importantstuff
#nobeerwasasadsurprise

That's why I'm only going to session two. Watching session one at the Summit Club.

I've heard there is way to buy into some deal in the arena that gets you booze, but it's probably not worth it. Damn shame you can't have a beer while you watch these games.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT