ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Games Thread

7/8 final games were sell outs in the Fertita center. The one game was 6300 in just over 7,000 seat areana, against ECU. They had 9 sellouts and only two games below 6,000 after opening the place.

Not perfect but it's not as if the place was completely empty. It will take them some time to build up, harder to do that with the Rockets winning and all the other pulls of a huge city.

I feel dirty because of this, it's not a defense of coogs just the actual numbers.
Well TU "sells" a lot more tickets than get used as well. Just saying there were a lot of empty seats on TV.

Sweet 16 starts tonight. The Purdue game was fun to watch. I don’t care much for Gonzaga. It’s fun to say, but that’s about it. Texas Tech off to a good start too.

Tech can be offensively challenged at times but their defense is elite.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
Closest thing to a Cinderella left is Auburn. If they lose to NC tomorrow then it might just be Houston.

I love watching Texas tech play. I wouldn't say they have elite level talent but like Self did here, Beard is getting every last drop of ability and effort out of his guys on both ends.

I wish I could have enjoyed watching Auburn pound North Carolina more. But the fact that their coach is the biggest lying sleazebag in college basketball, makes it hard to.

I get tired of watching the refs let Zion get away with murder in the paint. Over the back, dipping his shoulder on a charge, etc.

Buzz Williams has done a remarkable job at Virginia Tech, just like he did at Marquette. Kudos to those on this board that identified him early on as a superstar coach in the making that we should have tried to go after (I. I. and others?).

Here is a crazy story about Virginia Tech basketball. Their top recruit out of Georgia last year was deemed ineligible by the NCAA because of his ACT score. Not because his score was too low, but because his score was too high. They decided that the score was too high for someone with his grade point average. He took the test a second time and scored too high again. So he is redshirting the season, and still has not been cleared by the NCAA for next season. He’s on the honor roll this year by the way.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It’s good to see that, true to form, the refs will not let Kentucky lose to Houston. #protectthebluebloods

I wish I could have enjoyed watching Auburn pound North Carolina more. But the fact that their coach is the biggest lying sleazebag in college basketball, makes it hard to.

I get tired of watching the refs let Zion get away with murder in the paint. Over the back, dipping his shoulder on a charge, etc.

Buzz Williams has done a remarkable job at Virginia Tech, just like he did at Marquette. Kudos to those on this board that identified him early on as a superstar coach in the making that we should have tried to go after (I. I. and others?).

Here is a crazy story about Virginia Tech basketball. Their top recruit out of Georgia last year was deemed ineligible by the NCAA because of his ACT score. Not because his score was too low, but because his score was too high. They decided that the score was too high for someone with his grade point average. He took the test a second time and scored too high again. So he is redshirting the season, and still has not been cleared by the NCAA for next season. He’s on the honor roll this year by the way.
WTF on the Tech kid? GPAs can easily be influenced by things like lack of interest or too many absences which affect final letter grades in some places.

Houston needs offensive rebounds like they get against us.

WTF on the Tech kid? GPAs can easily be influenced by things like lack of interest or too many absences which affect final letter grades in some places.
That was what they said. He just did not apply himself in school, but he has Ivy League-type intelligence.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Even the announcers make excuses why Zion should not get called for his fouls....

i can't stand dukie or coach k...

Reactions: TU 1978
Even the announcers make excuses why Zion should not get called for his fouls....

i can't stand dukie or coach k...
He’s also a sick freak of an athlete. Near smashed his head on the rim going for a dunk earlier.

duke v. mich st. -- this is a toss-up for me as I can't stand either school.

3 point shooters with a big time shot blocker seems to be a common thread.

This year is like watching the women’s tournament

Dull
Boring
Same ole same ole

Go Redlegs

Will there be a better game than Purdue vs Va? Absolutely incredible. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

That was a great game. It seems like we’ve had a number of really great games this year. I’m glad Ashvid’s and my bracket is still perfect. lol

This year is like watching the women’s tournament

Dull
Boring
Same ole same ole

Go Redlegs

I’m not sure how anyone could be bored with these games. You must not like good basketball. I do think the best 4 teams are still playing, although Purdue should have beat Virginia.

Got to hit those free throws and rebound the other team’s misses.

Reactions: TU_BLA
With the upsets this weekend and auburn kicking everyone’s ass, it is now a two horse race.

TulsaHop vs TUcane45

Both of them have Virginia but TUcane45 has Michigan state.

If Virginia wins and Michigan state loses then TulsaHop wins the challenge

If both teams lose then TulsaHop wins.

If Michigan State moves on then TUcane will will need them to win the championship to win.

TulsaHop has all the momentum

Nice to see a Final 4 without any roy or k interviews...
No dukie and no tarheels makes for a great tourney!
Now if izzo and mich st. can just get eliminated today.

Auburn should have won that game. While the sixth foul strategically was a good idea if they hadn’t fouled the shot misses and it’s game over. Then the foul on the three pointer with 0.6 to go...just wow.

Reactions: loca2874
The refs missed an obvious double dribble on Virginia just prior to the foul. That foul is called and Auburn has the ball at the line and it would have been game over.

Reactions: TUMe
The refs missed an obvious double dribble on Virginia just prior to the foul. That foul is called and Auburn has the ball at the line and it would have been game over.
But Virginia was supposed to win. Be easy on the refs, it only happened at midcourt in front of three or them and millions of people.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Not to sound like Ojcik, but the Elite Eight and Final Four games have shown a lack of junk defenses. Just a lot of man defense, where everyone knows their assignment and the switches are made very quickly.

Auburn did give up too many open 3’s in the corner like us, but overall these defenses are a joy to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT