ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Action Has Started

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
FGCU with Dooley and Abatemarco off to a big lead. They got the nice dressing room and FDU got the small one. Dayton supports this tournament well so it shouldn't appear empty, especially on the late games tonight and tomorrow.

FGCU with Dooley and Abatemarco off to a big lead. They got the nice dressing room and FDU got the small one. Dayton supports this tournament well so it shouldn't appear empty, especially on the late games tonight and tomorrow.

Coach ABC has really got those guys playing good. Wink, wink.

Reactions: I.I.
Might just be bad hotel signal, but my phone app has this game in HD, versus pre 1999 signal on TV.

Shockers hammer the Commodores. End game on a 20-2 run. WSU didn't play a great game and Van Vleet and Baker had avg. games at best. Some KU transfer (who looks barely qualified to be on my C league intramural team) hit a couple of 3s to start off the run.

Question: When Hollywood turns down OSU again this year, do the Pokes take a run at Greg Marshall?

During the pre-game all the talking heads could say was how much more talented Vandy was and how they didn't think WSU would be able to keep up.

Again pundits pulling for Vandy. Didn't want a MVC at large to advance.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Interesting that they're anti WSU...they had turned themselves into the MVC Gonzaga with their runs and worthy of pundit love. Vandy hasn't been anything since ummm uhhhh....when have they been much?

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
High praise coming...Van Vleet showed some toughness...the type that is usually reserved for hockey players. BTW, I think there is a case to compare Taplin with Van Vleet. Van Vleet forces the issue more now because WSU doesn't quite have as much presence inside as they did last year and the year before that. Taplin is probably a bit more passive and deferring to the seniors on the squad, but the smoothness, the efficiency in his movement are comparable. They see the floor well and the shooting stroke is very similar. A lot will depend on how comfortable Taplin is next year in shooting more. He's been good so far this year in his limited action and the relatively few shots he has taken. When he was let loose at Memphis, he looked very good and capable of being the guy if called upon.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT