ADVERTISEMENT

Navy @ Tulsa Game thread

He didn't look in to me, but there is no way they're gonna overturn that

It is not just the line and protection it is also when everyone is covered and there is a lot of green in front of you. Not a knock on our QB but this scheme needs mobility at that position.

Here's what I don't get, how can you review a play that was whistled dead before anyone even picked up the fimble?

Chandler Miller with a huge holding penalty on a 30 + yard run and then snaps a dribbler to Evans resulting in a safety. I understand he's a Freshman but he's got to get it together

Rediculous, our defense has played well enough to win. Just sucks that we're playing against an all American defense with 11 guys going in the first round of the draft next year.

Chandler Miller with a huge holding penalty on a 30 + yard run and then snaps a dribbler to Evans resulting in a safety. I understand he's a Freshman but he's got to get it together
i think our worst players are CB darell williams and C miller.

Agree with the Williams assessment...As for Miller, He's a true freshman and I think he will be a good player but has just made some bad mistakes on a consistent basis this year.

Dalton Parks has been disappointing this year as well...Williams and Brady would be my choices for worst players on the team.

We've got some good linebackers in this year's recruiting class...but we desperately need Cornerbacks and Safeties to fix our issues on defense

Agreed. What do you do if that's overturned?!
Funny, I turn it over to the OSU game and they literally have this same situation. Briles is arguing that the whistle was blown and his guys didn't try for the ball because of it. The refs still ruled it a fumble.

Second TD for TU!

I feel for the players, none of them have quit. They had such horrible coaching previously and you just can't fix everything over one summer. If they can get bowl eligible it would be a HUGE morale boost.

Reactions: jesterondirt
If we don't convert this 4th down I'm probably going to change the channel

Fight! Good job by Coach Monty and staff to take our kids helmet and sit him.

This season can be summed up in three words, "self inflicted wounds"

I don't understand our use (or lack of use) of some players. No Warren at running back, Louie returning kickoffs but not as a receiver.

Not going to be a popular read so if you want sunshine and rainbows stop now:

You can blame the previous staff for the talent but this staff has to own the fundamentals of the players for this season. They have had a spring and 10 games to correct tackling, blocking, coverage and to teach better execution. Not a popular position to take but it is factual. Other staffs have inherited poor programs and corrected similar problems in the first year. It is not just the number of wins (yeah we have won 5 but many of our problems are glaring - three stand out in the 5minutes of playing time it took to type this message).

Navy's athletes across the board are not better than Tulsa but they are disciplined and this year better coached.

I do think the staff will improve but it has not been the A grade some believe for this year. If the administration comes to me asking to pony up more $$$ for salary increases it won't happen this year. I will reevaluate next year.

Reactions: TUGrad06
I don't understand our use (or lack of use) of some players. No Warren at running back, Louie returning kickoffs but not as a receiver.

I've never been a football coach so player decisions are beyond my area of experience. If he was in some sort of trouble we don't know about I have respect for our coaching staff keeping it private.

Not going to be a popular read so if you want sunshine and rainbows stop now:

You can blame the previous staff for the talent but this staff has to own the fundamentals of the players for this season. They have had a spring and 10 games to correct tackling, blocking, coverage and to teach better execution. Not a popular position to take but it is factual. Other staffs have inherited poor programs and corrected similar problems in the first year. It is not just the number of wins (yeah we have won 5 but many of our problems are glaring - three stand out in the 5minutes of playing time it took to type this message).

Navy's athletes across the board are not better than Tulsa but they are disciplined and this year better coached.

I do think the staff will improve but it has not been the A grade some believe for this year. If the administration comes to me asking to pony up more $$$ for salary increases it won't happen this year. I will reevaluate next year.

I find your opinion lacking in both sunshine and rainbows BUT there is some truth to what you are saying.

Huh.

I'd say Navy has better athletes (ie stronger and faster) at every position head to head save WR.

They look like more grown ass men than anyone we've faced to me.

I'm disappointed the ECU and Cinci games weren't more competitive. But the other losses are to some damn good football teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT