ADVERTISEMENT

Navy game thread

Yes we were, but not anymore and I mean program wise. Basketball programs are much cheaper to operate than football. We are D2 level at this point and I doubt there is anyone willing to argue on facts and not hope or emption about that.
I doubt we moved down a huge amount for what we're paying Konk, otherwise it would have been a lateral move from La Tech. I'm expecting we offered double what La Tech was paying, somewhere around 800k. We could make a similar move with Monty, and pay a mil, and save money comparatively to what we pay Monty. That could get us a better coach for less money. I don't think there is a significant payout, if any after the renegotiation extension for Monty. We have the money to do that.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Any D1 program would fire the HC tomorrow.

Any.

TU is saying we don't care at all or we barely have $ to be playing D1 so this is what you get - so you're gonna have to just deal with it either way!!!!

I doubt we moved down a huge amount for what we're paying Konk, otherwise it would have been a lateral move from La Tech. I'm expecting we offered double what La Tech was paying, somewhere around 800k. We could make a similar move with Monty, and pay a mil, and save money comparatively to what we pay Monty. That could get us a better coach for less money. I don't think there is a significant payout, if any after the renegotiation extension for Monty. We have the money to do that.
Exactly, don’t you think it’s a sign Monty and Haith both got “ extended” . One year later, Haith is gone , I expect Monty is next

I'm more saddened at how many people i made excuses to all season for how close we played in our losses. I feel bad for this team. I'm embarrassed for them. I'm angry we wait until the bridge is completely burnt before we build another one. I havent used the word disgusted yet, so that too.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Glad to see the melting. It's coming about 5 years too late tho, lol. How this guy got an extension...
TU wasn't ready, monetarily/administratively to make the move. That's the only reason for the extension. They should be ready now, or at the latest after next season. He'll get the boot soon. We just need to hurry, and be ready to move on Milkman. we need that to happen before he is beyond us in his career, and has better offers than us.

FYI Navy lost their season opener to Delaware a FCS team.

Even Rick and Bruce are saying there is no use for Brin to keep getting pummeled. We could still play for a bowl game this year, it is going to be tough, but possible.

Passed up bitson for #2. 28 yards to tie, 29 to break the record. He is going to be really close by end of game. Should happen this game, or at latest 1st quarter, Temple. Only reason to watch rest of game.

Reactions: TulsaAM and TU1NNJ
I doubt it is that much, closer to a 20% increase in my opinion. But again, that is head coach. I am talking about the cost to run the program. Football needs more assistants, sports medicine, etc. than basketball.

I doubt it is that much, closer to a 20% increase in my opinion. But again, that is head coach. I am talking about the cost to run the program. Football needs more assistants, sports medicine, etc. than basketball.
The cost of running the program doesn't change whether it's Monty or someone else.

And Konk would probably have said no if that's all they offered. 20% would only be a raise from 400k to 480k. The range that Konk would have considered is probably in the 600-800k range. He could have got an offer of 480k from a ton of programs. Nobody would have had the nerve to offer that.

We have more money than you think.

Why is everyone so enraged. The school has screwed up NIL and heading to a lower division program

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT