ADVERTISEMENT

Navy game thread

diy-pop-tart-halloween-costume.jpg

At least I didn't travel to Annapolis for this one, though I would have had the chance to eat at one of the fine seafood restaurants is tempting.

I feel very negative. I feel it's warranted.

My wife asked me why I was so grumpy today... then I realized TU was playing and I was going to watch it so I was "pre-venting" my frustration

Without Whitfield, our chances went from slim to none. Keeping SMU out of a bowl is the last chance of TU football putting a smile on my face this season.

Reactions: Aboomer
Agree with announcers, we should have had an onside kick. Our defense hasn’t stopped them all day.

When we didn't attempt an onside kick I knew we would never get the ball back. Just way too many bonehead coaching decisions by Philip Montgomery. That's the weak link of the program.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Hard to believe that Cincinnati shut these guys out. I wonder if our coaches watched the film to see how they did it? TU couldn't get a stop when it counted the most. All of us knew that the onside kick was TU's only chance to get the ball back, and Randy Cross knew it too. What did TU have to lose by trying it?

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Hard to believe that Cincinnati shut these guys out. I wonder if our coaches watched the film to see how they did it? TU couldn't get a stop when it counted the most. All of us knew that the onside kick was TU's only chance to get the ball back, and Randy Cross knew it too. What did TU have to lose by trying it?
We need to loose our coach.

With this transfer QB from Baylor waiting in the wings I think we have zero chance of a head coaching change over the next two years. The issues with the University sports program run deep and are directly related to the issues with the University itself.

With this transfer QB from Baylor waiting in the wings I think we have zero chance of a head coaching change over the next two years. The issues with the University sports program run deep and are directly related to the issues with the University itself.

You mean he is Chad President II...

Since he got the job because he could deliver a 4* qb...

Shades of the Beaver...

The transfer QB isn’t going anywhere. Why would that be a reason to keep a coach looking at back to back 10 loss seasons ?

We’re getting killed in recruiting as well btw

Reactions: TUMe and noble cane
The transfer QB isn’t going anywhere. Why would that be a reason to keep a coach looking at back to back 10 loss seasons ?

Because it saves a year of buyout without admitting we’re keeping him to save a year of buyout. QB play is a problem but it’s not the main problem. Or anywhere close to it.

We have a coach who routinely quits.

This is not acceptable.

There is no desire within him to win, it does not burn in him.

It’s sad.
We have the best marketing and tailgate set up in history plus, we have beer.

Unfortunately we have an inept head coach and will keep him another year because our finances are in the :crap:ter.

TU Football may be shuttered soon the way things are going, top to bottom.

You’re putting a lot of expectations on a questionable QB. After President, Skipper was our expected savior, then Boomer. It’s not the QB that is the problem. The coach and much of his staff are the problem.

Just...Inept! First, our league leading punter forgets how to do it, the fumble on the 3(by a guy who never fumbles), the pick thrown into triple coverage, our formerly solid D not showing up the last 2 games, so forth & so on. Just drives you crazy!

You’re putting a lot of expectations on a questionable QB. After President, Skipper was our expected savior, then Boomer. It’s not the QB that is the problem. The coach and much of his staff are the problem.

Skipper and Boomer had zero D1 offers...combined. Why would anyone expect either to be our savior? Our QB recruiting has been abysmal.

Skipper and Boomer had zero D1 offers...combined. Why would anyone expect either to be our savior? Our QB recruiting has been abysmal.

Well, we knew President wasn’t the answer. We hoped it would be Skipper, or Boomer, or Brin, as if QB was the problem. It isn’t.

I have no reason to believe that a Baylor reject is the answer to our problems. He can hit the road with Monty.

Reactions: maverickfp
It’s sad.
We have the best marketing and tailgate set up in history plus, we have beer.

Unfortunately we have an inept head coach and will keep him another year because our finances are in the :crap:ter.

TU Football may be shuttered soon the way things are going, top to bottom.

Not for nuthin, but my father has my season ticket and the tailgate setup this year might have been his idea. He used to set up stuff for the Drillers a while back and he could charm his way into the White House with a bazooka strapped to his back. He recently mentioned that he had gone through the set up with them last year.

Apathy has fully set in.
On the other hand,we've got a large barrell full of quality RB's, a wideout who should surpass his brothers' output, a redshirt fr. LB that's already a star, plus our Mike-LB comes back, some good young corners who will improve, young D-line guys who got valuable experience, same for 4 or 5 young O-line guys. Now, about the coaching staff & a QB.................. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT