ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day for Soccer

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
In case you missed it, Men's soccer also had a signing day last week. I've only seen two of the players play before and one those was just on an internet feed of highlights, so I cant really comment. I've been meaning to make a few calls and see if I could get some insight on the rest, but I just dont have time at the moment.

There is a brief write-up over at tulsahurricane.com

The one player to really get excited about is Jake McGuire. He's a 6'3" goalkeeper out of California and a member of the USMNT Under 20 program under Tab Ramos. He played for Chivas Academy growing up and I've seen a little bit of his training here in Florida. IMG rates him at #22 in their Top 150. Others say he is the second best keeper available. Let's hope he is the second coming of David Vanole.

I have a natural prejudice against keepers, so I cant get too excited about a 5 star recruit ...

This post was edited on 2/12 7:46 AM by HuffyCane

I'll take a badass keeper. Since last year we basically borrowed one for a year, I can imagine that was a top priority.

They signed another keeper who is 5'9" -- officially making Nick Rimando no longer the shortest keeper in North America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT