ADVERTISEMENT

Naming Rights

That’s true and then some on top of that... Gragg fit all the checkboxes TU wanted in an AD but what looks good on paper doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to work out in the real world.
I think all the comments have been on point regarding Gragg. He fit what we needed at the time he was hired. Right now we need a dynamic guy who can raise funds, add new sponsors, get some building/program donations, etc. He has not morphed into that guy and I'm not sure he likes that side of the Athletic Director position.

I feel bad for him because he does read this board and has tried to take some of our suggestions seriously but you can't make a salesman out of everybody.

I feel bad for him because he does read this board and has tried to take some of our suggestions seriously but you can't make a salesman out of everybody.

Let me be clear that I’m by no means attacking the mans character. It’s strictly about his role as AD.

Let me be clear that I’m by no means attacking the mans character. It’s strictly about his role as AD.
I think most of us realize our criticisms are strictly on performance and what we expect as boosters and fans. That is fire. However, some of the criticism tends to go over the top and the line between critical evaluation of job performance and taking a man down gets blurred.

2005 - 9 wins, Division, Conference Champs, Liberty Bowl win
2006 - 8 wins, Armed Forced bowl
2007 - 10 wins, Division Champs, GMAC Bowl massacre of Bowling Green
2008 - 11 wins, Division Champs, GMAC Bowl destruction of Ball State
2009 - 5 wins
2010 - 10 wins, Division Champs, Hawaii Bowl win
2011 - 8 wins, Armed Forced Bowl
2012 - 11 wins, Division Champs, Conference Champs, , Independence Bowl (tight loss to Va Tech)

Summer of 2013, we get Goldie...

2013 - 3 wins
2014 - 2 wins
2015 - 6 wins
2016 - 10 wins. Miami Beach bowl continues to show why MAC teams dont want to play us in bowls
2017 - 2 wins, atmosphere finally suitable for Golden to retrieve a tee

Don't be fooled by the cuteness or work as a goodwill ambassador. Oh no, that's what we are supposed to see. I'm not saying the dog works for Houston and is a pawn of the Cougs to undermine Teh Rivalry, but I heard from reliable sources that there have been many, MANY flights from Tulsa to Houston since we brought this dog on board. The dog apparently has a U Tulsa IT account - what happened to the Houston emails? I'm sure we are supposed to believe that the dog never emailed back and forth with anyone influential at U Houston. I'm not saying there is collusion, I'm just asking questions.

Photographic evidence of the dog accessing the U Tulsa IT network for unknown purposes:
goldie-computes-hero-1440x523.jpg

When questioned about Teh Rivalry, the dog probably assumes a blank stare as if it doesn't understand the questions:
long-goldie-600x931.jpg

(Okay, I have to admit that I LOVE the idea of a dog ambassador and am willing to admit the recent football downturn might not be entirely the dog's fault)
@TUBballJunkie

The one suggestion I don't see him taking to heart is his face being seen at more public events. That is something easy to do, and important for the face of things. You are definitely right though, salesman blood is sort of genetic. If you don't have it at that age, it's not likely it will suddenly change through will power alone.

2009 - 5 wins
2012 - 11 wins, Division Champs, Conference Champs, , Independence Bowl (tight loss to Va Tech)

2013 - 3 wins
2014 - 2 wins
2015 - 6 wins
2016 - 10 wins. Miami Beach bowl continues to show why MAC teams dont want to play us in bowls

(
2009 - 5 wins
2012 - 11 wins, Division Champs, Conference Champs, , Liberty Bowl Win over Iowa St

2013 - 3 wins
2014 - 2 wins
2015 - 6 wins Independence Bowl (tight loss to Va Tech)

When questioned about Teh Rivalry, the dog probably assumes a blank stare as if it doesn't understand the questions:

(Okay, I have to admit that I LOVE the idea of a dog ambassador and am willing to admit the recent football downturn might not be entirely the dog's fault)
@TUBballJunkie

Slight correction on 2012 and 2015 seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT