ADVERTISEMENT

Minor Incursion

Let’s become dependent on our enemy to heat our homes so our citizens won’t freeze. What could possibly go wrong ?

I think that the Germans, French etc… realize that they’re in a tough position. I don’t think any of them would prefer to see Russia invade Ukraine. Of course they also don’t want to fight a massive conflict with Russia and they don’t want to los their Nat. gas either.

The question is which of all the options is the least terrible for them? I would argue the increase in gas prices is probably painful, but it beats thousands upon thousands of casualties or Russian global dominance.

I think that the Germans, French etc… realize that they’re in a tough position. I don’t think any of them would prefer to see Russia invade Ukraine. Of course they also don’t want to fight a massive conflict with Russia and they don’t want to los their Nat. gas either.

The question is which of all the options is the least terrible for them? I would argue the increase in gas prices is probably painful, but it beats thousands upon thousands of casualties or Russian global dominance.
Germany just agreed to send 5000 helmets to the Ukraine 😂😂😂😂. The gesture was met by the expected reaction from Ukraine. Europe was warned of the dangers of relying on Putin for their natural gas. They ignored those warnings. They are in the exact position most of us predicted. Oh….and China just said F U regarding their climate pledges. Who didn’t see that coming. Well…besides WATU

Germany just agreed to send 5000 helmets to the Ukraine 😂😂😂😂. The gesture was met by the expected reaction from Ukraine. Europe was warned of the dangers of relying on Putin for their natural gas. They ignored those warnings. They are in the exact position most of us predicted. Oh….and China just said F U regarding their climate pledges. Who didn’t see that coming. Well…besides WATU
Still necessary. We all acknowledged there would be problems. The cost of the problems related to doing nothing would be greater than the cost of the problems related to doing something.

We will see about China.

Still necessary. We all acknowledged there would be problems. The cost of the problems related to doing nothing would be greater than the cost of the problems related to doing something.

We will see about China.
I agree. Who makes that call ? Do we (can we) proceed without the blessing of Germany and France?

Still holding out hope that China will keep its commitment huh 😂

Sounds like France and Germany are planning on shutting Biden and the US out of the negotiating and possible sanction process 😂😂😂😂😂.

CNN is reporting an invasion of Ukraine is almost a certainty. Also reporting that Biden appears content on sitting on the sideline and not supporting Ukraine with troops or even advanced weapon systems. Looks like Putin will soon occupy Kyiv. Ukraine has been abandoned by the US, Germany and France. Don’t think this bodes well for future dealings with Putin.

CNN is reporting an invasion of Ukraine is almost a certainty. Also reporting that Biden appears content on sitting on the sideline and not supporting Ukraine with troops or even advanced weapon systems. Looks like Putin will soon occupy Kyiv. Ukraine has been abandoned by the US, Germany and France. Don’t think this bodes well for future dealings with Putin.
Honestly hoping Biden doesn't come out looking like Neville Chamberlain if we do nothing.

Reactions: lawpoke87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT