ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State

Yes. I have not researched flight options yet. I assume Detroit would be the airport to use.

Yes. I have not researched flight options yet. I assume Detroit would be the airport to use.
Bishop International out of Flint or Gerald R Ford out of Grand Rapids would be less miles, less city driving, and a quicker drive if you could get a flight for the same price range. It'd be less than an hour as opposed to nearly an hour and a half for Detroit.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigstar18
Grand Rapids is an excellent airport if you can still find a price that is competitive. The beer scene is big there and the city is blast. We are actually just driving to East Lansing for the game and back. The rest of our weekend will be in GR

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Let me know if you guys need any tips / advice for your trip to East Lansing. I agree, Flint and Grand Rapids (and even Lansing) are alternate options to Detroit Metro Airport but typically more expensive. The drive to East Lansing from Detroit Metro is not bad, call it 1 hr 30 minutes depending on traffic.

Bring the bug spray. Mosquitoes in Michigan in August are the size of small birds

Grand Rapids is an excellent airport if you can still find a price that is competitive. The beer scene is big there and the city is blast. We are actually just driving to East Lansing for the game and back. The rest of our weekend will be in GR

If you are a beer enthusiast this is a great idea. Not too far from a day trip to Lake Michigan as well (beach towns will be very crowded holiday weekend)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT