ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State no. 18 in AP poll

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
UCF no. 17
OU no. 4
Memphis got more "other" votes than OSU.

There probably should be 3 AAC teams ranked, UCF, Houston, and Memphis. And I'd say that Cincinnati could be there as well.

I'd remove Iowa, WASU, and Stanford

There probably should be 3 AAC teams ranked, UCF, Houston, and Memphis. And I'd say that Cincinnati could be there as well.

I'd remove Iowa, WASU, and Stanford

Pretty sure UCF and Houston will take care of two of those three.

Pretty sure UCF and Houston will take care of two of those three.
I've seen UCF ranked anywhere between 15-18 in most polls and that's with a brand new QB so it should tell you what kind of quality we're dealing with. Memphis should absolutely be ranked with the talent Norvell has stacked up there. Houston's talent and Holgorsen'sballs to the wall attitude should make them a bear to deal with as well. Unfortunately for Houston they start against OU which means they will likely need to win their next 5 before anyone notices they play football again. As much as I would love an upset by Houston to derail OU's national championship hopes week 1, I don't think it will happen. OU is damn good and would actually be a 'ship contender if 'Bama and Clemson took the year off. To me Cincinnati is going to be both sneaky and scary good. Fickel is the real deal as a HC and had the whole Urban Meyer thing settled out at the end of this season, Fickel would be Ohio State's HC in 2020.

I've seen UCF ranked anywhere between 15-18 in most polls and that's with a brand new QB so it should tell you what kind of quality we're dealing with. Memphis should absolutely be ranked with the talent Norvell has stacked up there. Houston's talent and Holgorsen'sballs to the wall attitude should make them a bear to deal with as well. Unfortunately for Houston they start against OU which means they will likely need to win their next 5 before anyone notices they play football again. As much as I would love an upset by Houston to derail OU's national championship hopes week 1, I don't think it will happen. OU is damn good and would actually be a 'ship contender if 'Bama and Clemson took the year off. To me Cincinnati is going to be both sneaky and scary good. Fickel is the real deal as a HC and had the whole Urban Meyer thing settled out at the end of this season, Fickel would be Ohio State's HC in 2020.

I meant in that Stanford and Wazzu play Houston and UCF early this year. I think those could both be good wins for the AAC with teams that you are probably correct in assessing as overrated. Dropping them out, especially by AAC teams will help those receiving votes to climb the rankings and add boosts when conference play begins.

I meant in that Stanford and Wazzu play Houston and UCF early this year. I think those could both be good wins for the AAC with teams that you are probably correct in assessing as overrated. Dropping them out, especially by AAC teams will help those receiving votes to climb the rankings and add boosts when conference play begins.
Had no idea that AAC teams were playing those two. I really only know Houston is coming to Norman and if Grinch hasn't figured out OUs D problems, King and Houston will expose them.

Houston will be a train wreck this year is my prediction. I could be wrong, but going on TV and saying that some members of your organization haven’t ever worked at what they do isn’t a good strategy - especially when you are talking about millennials.

Houston will be a train wreck this year is my prediction. I could be wrong, but going on TV and saying that some members of your organization haven’t ever worked at what they do isn’t a good strategy - especially when you are talking about millennials.
Normally not a good strategy...but I bet Holgorsen gets every last drop of effort and commitment from his players. He's one of those type of coaches. And I get what he is saying. You never really got the sense that most of the Houston players, especially Ed Oliver, ever bought in to Major.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Had no idea that AAC teams were playing those two. I really only know Houston is coming to Norman and if Grinch hasn't figured out OUs D problems, King and Houston will expose them.

Yeah, UCF has Stanford, Pitt, and FAU
USF has Wisconsin, GT, and BYU
Houston has Wazzu, OU, and North Texas
Temple has Maryland, GT, and Buffalo
Cincy has UCLA, Ohio St, and Marshall
Memphis has Ole Miss
Tulane has Auburn, FIU, and Army
We have Michigan St and OSU
ECU has NCST and should have been VT, they also have ODU but two FCS.
Navy has ND and Army like always of course
Even UConn has Indiana and Illinois

Memphis has Ole Miss
Lots of opportunities to boost the credibility of the conference. As much as I hate flipping from the mindset of the enemy of my enemies is my friend, I’m going to have to. Really sucks....

Normally not a good strategy...but I bet Holgorsen gets every last drop of effort and commitment from his players. He's one of those type of coaches. And I get what he is saying. You never really got the sense that most of the Houston players, especially Ed Oliver, ever bought in to Major.
I’ve never thought much of Holgerson. He might have been a good OC but as a head coach he’s cocky with no reason to be. He’s disrespectful to the other teams, he throws fits on the sideline at the slightest provocation and his teams traditionally underachieve.

I’ve never thought much of Holgerson. He might have been a good OC but as a head coach he’s cocky with no reason to be. He’s disrespectful to the other teams, he throws fits on the sideline at the slightest provocation and his teams traditionally underachieve.

Perfect fit for Houston.

Memphis has Ole Miss
UCF can win all three of those non-cons. USF can win the GT and BYU games. Wisconsin will be a tall order for them. Houston- we'll see. I don't think they can beat OU but the WASU game will be a replace the bulbs in the scoreboard type of game. It's a toss-up for me w/ WASU breaking in a new QB. Houston *SHOULD* beat UNT. Temple-who knows. Cincy- giv ehtem wins of UCLA and Marshall, but Ohio State is going to be a battle. Cincy could win that game if everything goes perfectly and OHst hasn't figured things out with the new HC yet. Memphis will beat Ole Miss and it probably won't be close. Tulane- ugh. Auburn starting a FR QB for the first time in like 70 years. That's Tulane's only shot. FIU they should win and it depends on how Army comes out of the gate. ECU always has a shot against NC St for whatever reason. Navy- I think they struggle this year. I will predict we will finish above both SMU and Navy this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT