ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread

Second to last possesion again statues watching Rachal, have to get rid of that.

Last possesion, smart, smart, smart. I have noticed some of our out of time outs have been really well organized, not quite as good as last year but still very strong. Good job of taking advantage of the overplay, putting the ball in Rachals hands to make the decision so if he was fouled we had a clutch shooter, smart player who would recognize the advantage.

We should have seen more Jackson, less KES otherwise a pretty solid coaching job.

On the court we looked good and we looked bad. Our free throw shooting has to improve. We survive. On to Houston.

Tulsa should have won by 10.
Missed FT's nearly cost us a win!
I'd agree with this post. I wouldn't lay it all on free throws though. There are many reasons we couldn't pull away in the second half. We were almost there, just couldn't get all the way down the hill. Happy with the win.

The most obvious offplay of Jackson daring him to shoot this year. They prevented all his usual drives and maybe the only good coaching Penny did all day. Joiner played one of his best games except for the crosscourt passes but took control of the game. Williams was 4-4 from the line for us.

Reactions: TU4ever2
The most obvious offplay of Jackson daring him to shoot this year. They prevented all his usual drives and maybe the only good coaching Penny did all day. Joiner played one of his best games except for the crosscourt passes but took control of the game. Williams was 4-4 from the line for us.
I'd agree that we don't win without Joiner playing like a senior. He played well. But those cross court passes aged me 5 years.

Winning a game with Jackson having a bad game on O is pretty huge!!!! He gets 10 points without trying most nights .

Memphis is average with Penny

Go TU!!!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ESPN+ did not show us shooting the technical foul shots where Lomax mouthed off at Haywood. The score went up one point so I guess someone made one of two???? That was the difference in the game...one point and one trash talk too many. * I found it in the play by play....Richie made one of two.

ESPN+ did not show us shooting the technical foul shots where Lomax mouthed off at Haywood. The score went up one point so I guess someone made one of two???? That was the difference in the game...one point and one trash talk too many. * I found it in the play by play....Richie made one of two.
Well I broke it down to the fact that Ugboh made two buckets today and if it wasnt for his superb skill in the post we would have lost. WTG Manny

Well I broke it down to the fact that Ugboh made two buckets today and if it wasnt for his superb skill in the post we would have lost. WTG Manny
...and two rebounds.

Taking baby steps to role player in late season. Let's hope he takes step 3, and 4, and 5.

Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT