ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread

Our senior PG makes the dumbest pass in all of basketball - in the air cross court - against a superior athletic opponent no less.

Is it me? It's me, right?

KES shouldn't see the floor period.

His defense is non-existent. He does nothing to help on offense, his ball handling is shakey, he is only interested in spotting up and shooting.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
Joiner is making the sort of terrible decisions we saw in the first three of four games. We need him to be smart. Jackson continues to put in work and it pays off.

His defense is non-existent. He does nothing to help on offense, his ball handling is shakey, he is only interested in spotting up and shooting.
I'd rather play freshmen. Let them learn.

We can still win we just have to hit our free throws keep turnovers under 20 and quit shooting 3 point shots and bench kes ughman hayseed and joiner that’s all

I can see why Haywood plays. Defense is pretty good despite atrocious offense. But this KES player... yikes. The more I see him, the worse he gets.

KES stands around on offense. Gets a pass, shoots a bad shot. Slow to get back. Bad defense, his player misses. Doesn't block out, his player gets the rebound and easy score. Before that he was a statute on the dunk that happened. Forcing the other two guards to overwork and slow on rotation opening passing lane and the low post.

This is horrible

Number one, we are not attacking the basket on offense, we're just not being aggressive about getting the shot we want and it is showing up in the shots we are willing to take. Since we are missing it makes it look even worse.

Our defense is being made stagnant by players lack of effort, too much standing around, and poor communication.

KES has to be near a double digit negative in +/- right now and Haywoods lack of offense makes him neutral at best. Jackson continues to play at a high level and Williams is playing well but needs to be even more assertive. The game has definitely slowed down for him but he is still playing a bit safe instead of just relaxing into the game.

KES was better as an 11th grader IMHO. The prep school changed him completely in not a good way. Never recovered at Arkansas. Still holding out hope that he can regain the old aggression and smoothness.

Memphis has 3 four star players coming off the bench. Wow! What a recruiter he is. They should just run through this conference. Bu

KES was better as an 11th grader IMHO. The prep school changed him completely in not a good way. Never recovered at Arkansas. Still holding out hope that he can regain the old aggression and smoothness.

It looks really weird. It's almost like he is playing a game of pick up?

It doesn't match what I heard about his game in high school. It's also a good deal different than he played the first two or three games. I would say like Haywoods offensive shooting its mental. The solution for KES isn't a set play or two for easy buckets early in a game, its sitting. There is no hunger, nothing makes a player hungrier or more competitive then having to fight for their time.

Number one, we are not attacking the basket on offense, we're just not being aggressive about getting the shot we want and it is showing up in the shots we are willing to take. Since we are missing it makes it look even worse.

Our defense is being made stagnant by players lack of effort, too much standing around, and poor communication.

KES has to be near a double digit negative in +/- right now and Haywoods lack of offense makes him neutral at best. Jackson continues to play at a high level and Williams is playing well but needs to be even more assertive. The game has definitely slowed down for him but he is still playing a bit safe instead of just relaxing into the game.
So different than your homer opinion of the women.

May come down to free throws and turnovers.

Offense looks so much better in attack mode. Haywood contributing on offense. Need to cut off the offensive rebounding and Tulsa will be rolling.

KES lazy on defense gives up a lay up because he wouldn't float to the top and chase the perimeter, instead pushes Rachal into a bad position allowing the easy run to the hoop.

Just sit him.

Our defense seems confusing to KES. But he has seen it two years now.

Joiner takes a charge and saves us from KES giving them another basket as he wanders around unsure where he should be and following zero defensive principles to at least give us a chance to rotate and cover 🤦‍♂️

On offense saved by Rachal aggressiveness as he was playing statue on the wing instead of back cutting on the high post entry like he was suppose to.

Ugboh clapping his hands everytime after making the same mistake for the 100th time probably annoys me more than it should

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT