ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Wells

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Hoover just posted a tweet that Matt Wells currently makes $575K as HC at Utah St. And then followed up "believed TU could offer 3x that". If Wells or his agent have not been contacted yet, it needs to be done now. Maybe Wells is waiting for something bigger, but it sounds like there is something there that can be explored.

According to that little rat bastard Pat Jones, Utah State is just as good of a job (if not better) than TU.

I guess Hoover forgot to check about his raise and contract extension that happened after the 2013 season....$800k annually with incentives through 2018

Originally posted by Chazz Reinhold48:
I guess Hoover forgot to check about his raise and contract extension that happened after the 2013 season....$800k annually with incentives through 2018
Even if, TU could still double that for the next football coach (and will come close from what I am hearing).

we'll be between $1.5 and 2.0 MM per year for the new coach.

Damn, I wish we could delete this post! He's been my fav from the beginning and now everyone is going to ruin it once Gragg finds out we are discussing it. You know he likes suprises and now Wells has been jinxed by you people and that damn TW.

Bla I'm holding you accountable if Wells doesn't become our head coach!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

If he has a new contract then there is probably a multi-year buyout, Blankenship's buyout is still there and coming up with 1.5 million. I'll believe it when I see it.

Kelly Hines said that Wells and Lashless have both show interest in the job. I'd be shocked if we don't know something by next week.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Kelly Hines said that Wells and Lashlee have both show interest in the job. I'd be shocked if we don't know something by next week.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
We reported the same on Thursday morning. I've put quite a bit of info on Wells in Hurricane Alley, as I continue to get updated information from my sources with knowledge of the search.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT