ADVERTISEMENT

Lucas combine results

drboobay

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
WR results
4.55 seems like a pretty good 40 time and right in the mix with the rest. Any other interpretations?

For his size (5'10" 187lbs) he probably needed to be a little faster. Don't think he helped himself with that number.

I think they are really starting to value 3 cone drills, catching etc...

I admit that I am not an NFL junkie. Only pay attention when TU players involved.

Keevan was awesome at TU...great receiver!

Didn't help himself at the combine. I think he does much better on the field.

Unfortunately, the combine numbers were pretty bad. His chances of hitting NFL just got slimmer :(

Its a beauty contest. Since when did anyone from TU ever win something like that regardless of sport, academic pursuit, etc.?

Did Damaris and Garrett even go? Montiese Culton certainly didnt go, signed a pro contract with the Colts and is living a nice life bouncing back between the college and high school coaching ranks. (A shout to Coach Colton for tweeting all the nice things about TU over the years. Having that at a recruit powerhouse like Mesquite is priceless btw) They didnt have a combine when Largent played. He dogged his Oilers camp, and was traded for next to nothing to Seattle. Once he was there, he caught everything in sight. Keevan will do the same.

I know of at least two well respected academic studies that have demonstrated that combine performance has no relationship to pro performance. We are talking about millions of dollars in investment. You can bet that the teams have hired some savants on Wall Street many times over to crunch the numbers on combine performance. Heck, some teams are only there because they have to be. At best, it is an opportunity for teams to meet the kids and get a handle on who they are without flying around the country or just flying to the big schools.

The only purpose the NFL combine serves that I can tell, is that it gives a chance to Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma fans to sit around shirtless in their recliners with their hands down their Nike Dri-Fit pro performance shorts that their cousin swears he stole out of the team's locker room when he gave them to him for Christmas while they come to grips with the fact they will never be the best at anything in their lives. That and it lets them feel a degree of relief from their internal anxieties by viewing content that appeals to their homoerotic fantasies.

Keevan will be fine. He's got a degree from TU. Either way, he is covered.

Last edited:
The problem with that is if you do get invited and you do attend. Your performance does greatly impact your NFL chances. If you tank it, it is better to have not gone at all. If you do great then you will increase your draft position and signing bonus. It is a chance you have to take if you decide to go after the invite. Like it or not the combine does leave an impression. He is sitting on practice squad at best right now. Hopefully, he can prove himself there and break into playing time.

With a few teams, yes. There are enough coaches and GMs on record saying they don't really care about the combine. If Steinberg is his agent, and at last I heard that was supposed to happen, he has a pro who will find him a place with a chance regardless. That is all you can ask for.

Very true. I truly hope he makes the best of his opportunity. I do think he lands on a practice squad. Let's hope he can make an impact and move up!

With a few teams, yes. There are enough coaches and GMs on record saying they don't really care about the combine. If Steinberg is his agent, and at last I heard that was supposed to happen, he has a pro who will find him a place with a chance regardless. That is all you can ask for.
Steinberg is Dane's agent...Keevan signed with Tier 1 Sports.

Steinberg is constantly on twitter about how the NFL wronged Dane by not inviting him to the combine.

The combine only hurts if much more is expected out of you. The kid from UCONN who just lit everything up because he's faster than Devin Hester, jumps higher than OBJ, is stronger than Fitzgerald, and does something else better than other guys who have made it...he is a workout warrior. People get over hyped about one day performances like that. Can you do what is expected in the combine and then back that up with pure football talent and IQ? That's what teams want.

These discussions always make me think of Darius Hayward Bey who the Raiders drafted #7 because he was super fast. The knock on him was he didn't have good hands. Much to the surprise of everyone in the Raiders front office when he never amounted to much, catching the ball is actually a fairly important part of succeeding as an NFL wide receiver.

Its a beauty contest. Since when did anyone from TU ever win something like that regardless of sport, academic pursuit, etc.?

Did Damaris and Garrett even go? Montiese Culton certainly didnt go, signed a pro contract with the Colts and is living a nice life bouncing back between the college and high school coaching ranks. (A shout to Coach Colton for tweeting all the nice things about TU over the years. Having that at a recruit powerhouse like Mesquite is priceless btw) They didnt have a combine when Largent played. He dogged his Oilers camp, and was traded for next to nothing to Seattle. Once he was there, he caught everything in sight. Keevan will do the same.

I know of at least two well respected academic studies that have demonstrated that combine performance has no relationship to pro performance. We are talking about millions of dollars in investment. You can bet that the teams have hired some savants on Wall Street many times over to crunch the numbers on combine performance. Heck, some teams are only there because they have to be. At best, it is an opportunity for teams to meet the kids and get a handle on who they are without flying around the country or just flying to the big schools.

The only purpose the NFL combine serves that I can tell, is that it gives a chance to Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma fans to sit around shirtless in their recliners with their hands down their Nike Dri-Fit pro performance shorts that their cousin swears he stole out of the team's locker room when he gave them to him for Christmas while they come to grips with the fact they will never be the best at anything in their lives. That and it lets them feel a degree of relief from their internal anxieties by viewing content that appeals to their homoerotic fantasies.

Keevan will be fine. He's got a degree from TU. Either way, he is covered.
This. This post is a thing of beauty. Still laughing. And Keevan will shine in whatever he does.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Did wes Welker or cole beasly have good combine scores?
I'd highly doubt it and I'm certain Welker didn't get a combine invite. Everyone thought he was a product of the system. And to that I reply yes he was. He had the opportunity to catch a hell of a lot of balls in that system and it seems to translate well to an illustrious NFL career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT