ADVERTISEMENT

Joe says is an epademic of the un vaccinated.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Hmm. May we gather that it only is caused by not being vaccinated. So if I have two doses of vaccine and one booster, that I will remain free of Covid?

I can tell Joe from first hand experience that he is incorrect :(.

Hmm. May we gather that it only is caused by not being vaccinated. So if I have two doses of vaccine and one booster, that I will remain free of Covid?
You will remain covid free until you arent.. then your symptoms will be supposedly milder.. but like Typhoid Mary... you will be a ticking tomebomb of infection..

The idea that vaccines guarantee that you won’t get a virus is based on a basic misunderstanding of vaccines and how viruses operate and mutate. That the Value of vaccines is being questioned now is astounding, but it is a tribute to the efforts of those making money off amping up people’s fears via misinformation.

The idea that vaccines guarantee that you won’t get a virus is based on a basic misunderstanding of vaccines and how viruses operate and mutate. That the Value of vaccines is being questioned now is astounding, but it is a tribute to the efforts of those making money off amping up people’s fears via misinformation.

Pfizer’s revenue is up 134% year over year :).

Suppose we should be concerned that our political leaders apparently lack a basic understanding of vaccines btw.

Pfizer’s revenue is up 134% year over year :).

Suppose we should be concerned that our political leaders apparently lack a basic understanding of vaccines btw.
I think it's you who apparently lacks basic understanding of vaccines. No offense, but your repetitive bashing of vaccines doesn't help anyone. In all honesty, the fact that you have a vaccine and a booster might be the difference between you being in the ICU or not right now. And that goes for many people across the country. Here is an article from everyone's favorite News Outlet (Fox News) that you should probably trust if even they're saying that the benefits of vaccines to fight Covid including Omicron definitively exist.

PLEASE NOTE: The section that reads, "T-cell responses alone, however, do not block infection and therefore do not prevent transmission. Thus, while the number of infections may rise considerably as a consequence of omicron’s ability to evade antibodies, robust T-cell immunity provides hope that, similar to other [variants of concern], the level of protection against severe disease would remain high."

Immune system T-cell responses remain broadly robust against the omicron variant of coronavirus, according to researchers.
In a study published in the journal Viruses, a team from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) and the University of Melbourne analyzed more than 1,500 fragments of SARS-CoV'2's viral proteins – or epitopes – that have been recognized by T-cells in recovered COVID-19 patients or after vaccination.
CDC FACES BIPARTISAN SCORN AFTER MUDDLED MESSAGES LEAVE AMERICANS CONFUSED OVER LATEST COVID GUIDELINES
"Overall, given that most of the experimental T-cell epitopes known to be targeted in vaccinated and/or previously infected individuals [collectively, accounting for (about) 60% of the global population as of 25 December 2021] are unaffected by omicron mutations, our preliminary analysis suggests that the effectiveness of preexisting T-cell immunity will remain intact," the group said.
"T-cell responses alone, however, do not block infection and therefore do not prevent transmission. Thus, while the number of infections may rise considerably as a consequence of omicron’s ability to evade antibodies, robust T-cell immunity provides hope that, similar to other [variants of concern], the level of protection against severe disease would remain high."

However, the authors noted that while data is suggestive of a reduced risk of hospitalization and death from the variant of concern, the degree to which preexisting T-cell immunity is contributing to those results "still needs to be clearly established."
"Despite being a preliminary study, we believe this is positive news. Even if omicron, or some other variant for that matter, can potentially escape antibodies, a robust T-cell response can still be expected to offer protection and help to prevent significant illness," University of Melbourne professor Matthew McKay, who co-led the research, said in a news release.
Scientists are working to learn more about the highly transmissible strain, including its ability to evade immune response and its impact on vaccine effectiveness.
T-cells, which are a type of white blood cell and develop from stem cells in the bone marrow, help protect the body from infection.
Omicron's spike protein enables the virus to attach and enter cells in humans.

In looking at epitopes from the spike protein that are targeted by T-cells in vaccinated or previously infected individuals, the study found just 20% showed mutations associated with the highly mutated omicron variant.
"Among these T-cell epitopes that have omicron mutations, our further analysis revealed that more than half are predicted to still be visible to T-cells. This further diminishes the chance that omicron may escape T-cells’ defenses," said Ahmed Abdul Quadeer, study co-lead and research assistant professor at HKUST’s Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering.
The researchers also found that more than 97% of non-spike T-cell epitopes do not encompass omicron-associated mutations.
"These results overall would suggest that broad escape from T-cells is very unlikely," McKay noted. "Based on our data, we anticipate that T-cell responses elicited by vaccines and boosters, for example, will continue to help protect against omicron, as observed for other variants."
Julia Musto is a reporter for Fox News Digital. You can find her on Twitter at @JuliaElenaMusto.

Fox News Health

Who believes that "vaccines guarantee" you won't get Covid? Even as there are no guarantees of anything in life, there is even less with virus and vaccines. Add to that mutations. We do hear a simplistic "Please, please get vaccinated" from a resident of Washington.

Most of us here didn't wait to be prompted and have taken every vaccine or booster as it became avialble. My fear is that Omicron is one of many, but also one which may not be the last. Past virus have not kept as busy building for a follow up. It has addes more sites than previous viruses have. Obviously, I hope that fear is wrong.

I have never stated you won’t get Covid if you’re vaccinated. I have never inferred that the current 1M new cases a day is from unvaccinated individuals. Those statements are purposely misleading during a public health crisis. Individuals deserve to know the facts whether it’s the right or left offering misleading statements.

I have consistently asked people to get vaccinated and be healthy. On this board and in real life. Can’t think of a better message as of January 6, 2022.

On a side note, I have a friend who was tested Tuesday am and still hasn’t received her results as of 3pm today. How is that possible 2 years into this thing ?

The general health care policy response from professionals has been valuable and has adapted as our understanding about Covid grew and as the virus mutated and changed. Hard to keep up with. But one area that has not done as well has been the CDC's communications with the public. At first once could give the CDC a break because the head of the CDC reports to the White House (FDA does not) and therefore was subject to Trump's and Scott Atlas's meddling. But even under Biden the CDC continues to offer confusing instructions to the public about how to deal with Omicron. Here's a good description. It's also why I prefer Brown University's Dr. Ashish Jha's clear advice.

Last edited:
Over 700k new cases today and over 2000 new deaths :(. Hospitalizations will soon surpass 2021 highs.

New York led the country with over 84k new cases today.

follow the science. get a shot. get a second shot. get a booster. get an annual shot, no get them 6 months apart, wear a mask, dont, stay apart, mingle.
. its a moving target.

Deli meat is apparently the only thing the will save you from Omicron in El Paso

6-F9-A1-E35-C94-B-4-A79-A94-C-4-C3-F4-C6-AB474.jpg

"You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” -Joe Biden (CNN Town Hall, July 21, 2021)

"This is a simple, basic proposition: If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die," -Joe Biden (CNN Town Hall, July 21, 2021)

Reactions: TUMe
"You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” -Joe Biden (CNN Town Hall, July 21, 2021)

"This is a simple, basic proposition: If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die," -Joe Biden (CNN Town Hall, July 21, 2021)
Both pre-omicron.

follow the science. get a shot. get a second shot. get a booster. get an annual shot, no get them 6 months apart, wear a mask, dont, stay apart, mingle.
. its a moving target.
You mean almost like the threat we face is mutating? Gasp!

Reactions: watu05
Florida close behind with 66K
Number of cases doesn't mean much. What are the cases/thousand? Even that is likely misleading compared to deaths and hospitalizations per thousand. For the vaccinated, Omicron can be asymptomatic or as minor as a cold, so infected people are less likely to be tested but still passing it around, particularly in those states which disdain basic public health measures and have inadequate testing.

You mean almost like the threat we face is mutating? Gasp!
Apparently the concept that Covid is constantly changing and science is a process of learning about and adjusting to those changes seems a foreign concept for some here.

Apparently the concept that Covid is constantly changing and science is a process of learning about and adjusting to those changes seems a foreign concept for some here.

Correct, though mostly a religion for you, clerics and all. Praise Science

Last edited:
Number of cases doesn't mean much. What are the cases/thousand? Even that is likely misleading compared to deaths and hospitalizations per thousand. For the vaccinated, Omicron can be asymptomatic or as minor as a cold, so infected people are less likely to be tested but still passing it around, particularly in those states which disdain basic public health measures and have inadequate testing.
Well Covid hospitalizations are at a 20 month high in New York. Other states will surely follow.

They had a high probability of being true for the every-day American who was vaccinated. (Much higher than with Omicron)
Biden did not say you are likely not to bet Covid or be hospitalized if you’re vaccinated. He said you would not get Covid or be hospitalized. Both were lies and he knew it.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
its a good thing that we had leadership in 2021, or we would had more cases of covid, inflation, supply problems, racial tension, immigration issues, and a divided country.

Biden did not say you are likely not to bet Covid or be hospitalized if you’re vaccinated. He said you would not get Covid or be hospitalized. Both were lies and he knew it.
Ok. And who was harmed by that lie? Even the people who did contract it, or did get hospitalized had a higher chance of survival due to that lie. It's not like he lied about a country having chemical weapons and got us trapped in a war that led to thousands of preventable casualties. Heck... that lie isn't even as bad as "you can keep your doctor" BO, or "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" BC or "My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart" -DT

I know this isn’t a person, but does “trust in public health institutions” count?
I think the people that are acting to the detriment of public health institutions most are the people that are lying about the danger and the efficacy of the vaccine in preventing dire outcomes as well as the severity of the virus itself.

Believe it or not Americans are not stupid. A series of lies get noticed. It leads to disbelief of anything our leaders say. Here and abroad. Biden is teaching Americans, Russians, and Chinese not to believe anything he says...including his threats to the later two of actions.

People at home make decisons based on facts whether medical or financial. He is training people not to trust him.

Believe it or not Americans are not stupid. A series of lies get noticed. It leads to disbelief of anything our leaders say. Here and abroad. Biden is teaching Americans, Russians, and Chinese not to believe anything he says...including his threats to the later two of actions.

People at home make decisons based on facts whether medical or financial. He is training people not to trust him.
If that was the case then what did trump do with his incessant lies and why did 49% of the country believe him despite all of his lies? (And a significant portion of that 49% still supports him to this day) You think the people of the country aren’t stupid… I say imagine the average American… now imagine that 50% are dumber than that.

Lying hurts one’s credibility. Lying lessens one’s ability to lead…see above. Unfortunately the standard today for politicians is very low when it comes to truthfulness and honesty. Almost every partisan will find ways to dismiss or justify the lack of candor. One of the problems in this case is lying about vaccines from our nation’s leader further damages an already damaged message. A lie which was completely unnecessary.

Americans may in fact be dumb but some are paying attention as is evidenced by Biden’s 40% approval rating. Among independents his approval rating is 29%. The people who are the least likely to be swayed by partisanship.

Lying hurts one’s credibility. Lying lessens one’s ability to lead…see above. Unfortunately the standard today for politicians is very low when it comes to truthfulness and honesty. Almost every partisan will find ways to dismiss or justify the lack of candor. One of the problems in this case is lying about vaccines from our nation’s leader further damages an already damaged message. A lie which was completely unnecessary.

Americans may in fact be dumb but some are paying attention as is evidenced by Biden’s 40% approval rating. Among independents his approval rating is 29%. The people who are the least likely to be swayed by partisanship.
You (collective) seemed to show little actual distaste for the effects of the 30,000+ lies that occurred out of the executive office in the past 5 years until it was someone outside your sphere of agreement who was doing the lying.

Also we all know that his approval rating is largely tied to the economy, an economy that was bound to struggle post-covid. (As evidenced by other countries’ economies struggling)

You (collective) seemed to show little actual distaste for the effects of the 30,000+ lies that occurred out of the executive office in the past 5 years until it was someone outside your sphere of agreement who was doing the lying.

Also we all know that his approval rating is largely tied to the economy, an economy that was bound to struggle post-covid. (As evidenced by other countries’ economies struggling)
My above thoughts were written with Trump in mind. Look at what his lies did to his credibility. Biden seems to be headed down the same path. Not as many lies but dishonesty on the most important issue facing his presidency. Simply no need for it.

Economic conditions aren’t horrible. Certainly not 29% approval rating horrible. Inflation is an issue which Biden refuses to address which likely explains some of the lackluster ratings. Growth is acceptable. Unemployment low although this is becoming a somewhat meaningless statistic with millions dropping out of the workforce.

My above thoughts were written with Trump in mind. Look at what his lies did to his credibility. Biden seems to be headed down the same path. Not as many lies but dishonesty on the most important issue facing his presidency. Simply no need for it.

Economic conditions aren’t horrible. Certainly not 29% approval rating horrible. Inflation is an issue which Biden refuses to address which likely explains some of the lackluster ratings. Growth is acceptable. Unemployment low although this is becoming a somewhat meaningless statistic with millions dropping out of the workforce.
Trump almost won the election though… that’s despite the volume or the magnitude of his lies and despite his performance. I don’t think lies, big or small many or few, Matter as much as they used to.

When lying has become normalized, it no longer carries as much stigma (sadly). I would have of course preferred Biden to speak accurately, but his use of hyperbole to the point of fault was still done out of good will rather than solely serving himself. On the whole, as many people being vaccinated as possible is a good thing and that’s what he was trying to accomplish. He wasn’t lying to save his skin like Clinton or for his own selfish purposes like Bush / Trump. I’d fault him more on his administration’s performance in Afghanistan than this reference.

You can tell things are going poorly when your advocates are reduced to defending the nobility of your lies…

Agreed, however, Afghanistan happened in August 8 months into Biden's administration. He was saddled with Trump's incredibly stupid deal which had removed all incentives for the Taliban to honor the terms and set an even earlier exit deadline in May. Agreed that it was terrible to witness, but the alternative of Trump bungling it as always or ignoring the agreement and attempting to stay on with a tiny force would have been much worse. Bad deal, but the didn't use up the airwaves blaming Trump, he took the hit and moved on.

• Haha
Reactions: URedskin54

Please list the 30,000 lies. (Just kidding.)

The idea that some lies are "noble" is silly. Especially when politics is one of the main sourches for this nobility. Nothing about either party would win a Nobel Prize for nobility. If you want to spend three years trashing Trump go for it (I'm no fan of his.)
And he could be as senile as Biden when he is, by then, Biden's current age. Despite what his fans (and enemies) think of him he ages too. And Florida beats DC. at 78. Remember Teddy Rosevelt's return was much ado about nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT