ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6 Mark Meadows, Trump and Related BS artists

goldfan83

I.T.S. Position Coach
Aug 19, 2005
I rarely venture over here but it is just impossible to avoid at this point.

Jan 6 never happens if Trump does not push the election lie. They all knew it was BS and continued to push it. The people on this thread have been had. It is a sad state of affairs. I feel for you all.

Even better now, his biggest supporters on Fox were telling him to get on TV and to get his supporters to stop. They knew that they were all doing it for him. Laura Ingram went on TV after texting trump that they were ruining his legacy and started blaming Antifa. They knew it was all BS but kept it up. It is a sad state of affairs.

This makes Watergate look like childs play. Nixon just wanted information. Trump wanted to overturn a national election he lost by 10M votes.

I don’t see any correlation to Watergate. The Obama Admin blaming Benghazi on an internet video is a better example if you wish to make one.

Glad to see Trump out of office. He should never hold a public office again. Sad we couldn’t do better than Biden for his replacement.

Funny there are those who still want to relive Jan 6 when we are in the middle of an economic and health crisis. Both of which should demand our undivided focus. The pandemic will eventual improve due to the natural evolution of the virus into a less lethal variant. The economic crisis shows no signs on improvement nor do we seem willing to address the same.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I don’t see any correlation to Watergate. The Obama Admin blaming Benghazi on an internet video is a better example if you wish to make one.

Glad to see Trump out of office. He should never hold a public office again. Sad we couldn’t do better than Biden for his replacement.

Funny there are those who still want to relive Jan 6 when we are in the middle of an economic and health crisis. Both of which should demand our undivided focus. The pandemic will eventual improve due to the natural evolution of the virus into a less lethal variant. The economic crisis shows no signs on improvement nor do we seem willing to address the same.
I am glad there is a committee to drive accountability.

We should be capable of doing that AND dealing with inflation and supply chain issues. No excuse for handling only one issue at a time.

Reactions: Clong83a and watu05

The economic 'crisis' is not something that will be fixed by America alone overnight. Look at the Eurozone and China. They're all suffering significant inflationary pressure as are we (Euro is seeing more inflation than they have since the inception of the Euro and China is having massive food inflation). The economy is certainly a focus. What's too bad is that we're taking one step back for every two steps forward because of conservative sentiment (social, political, and legal) that's trying to resist anti-viral treatments, vaccines, etc... and is essentially prolonging the health problems that are exacerbating the economic problems.

Reactions: Weatherdemon

It isn't like Watergate. It is on a level of crazy x 10. The closest thing to Watergate was Don Junior, Steve Bannon, and other trump campaign people working with WikiLeaks( aka Russian Intel) for more information on the DNC and HRC.

This is bigger than that.

This was a legitimate election they wanted blowup so that they could hold power. This is banana, eastern European fascist republic stuff. It is hard to process.

I honestly want to know what is the economic crisis we are currently in. I honestly don't get it. The jobs numbers are good. The stock market is good.

Most of this supply chain stuff is working itself out like it was always going to because of the pandemic.

Yeehaw.

Rapidly rising inflation. Plummeting consumer confidence. Decreasing real wages of low and middle income workers. High debt levels. Future of rising interest rates as we sit on $30T of debt.

You need more ?

Plummeting consumer confidence. Decreasing real wages of low and middle income workers. High debt levels. Future of rising interest rates as we sit on $30T of debt
. I walk into Target and you still can't buy Xbox or Playstation in stores because the demand is so high. The lines are still as long as they were pre-pandemic. The lines at Starbucks are still out of the parking lot and the ****ing grande peppermint mochas are still 5.75.

Americans always seem to think the end of the world is at hand. If you are worried about debt, inflating our way out of it is about the only option at this point unless people can come to grips that taxes are probably going up and spending will have to go down if they are truly interested in balance.

You do understand which groups suffer the most during times of high inflation…right ? You should look up the historical results of rapidly rising inflation combined with plummeting consumer confidence.

When the President has a 39% approval rating on his ability to handle the economy the country is in trouble. His approval rating by small business owners is even worse…36%.

Last edited:
Let’s see, destroying the country permanently through an attempted insurrection and worrying about future inflation. Not really equivalent concerns. Blaming Biden as the cause of inflation is even sillier.

Last edited:
Let’s see, destroying the country permanently through an attempted insurrection and worrying about future, inflation. Not really equivalent concerns.
When someone (anyone) is convicted…hell, even charged with insurrection, we can talk. It was an inexcusable albeit unorganized act by a group of idiots which posed zero threat to our democracy. The rest is simply hyperbole.

Now….the poor and middle class not being able to pay their bills and provide for their families is as real as it gets. The federal government not being able to offer an adequate safety net because of our rising debt service cost on $30T and growing is as real as it gets. Like you said….not really equivalent concerns.

You do understand which groups suffer the most during times of high inflation…right ? You should look up the historical results of rapidly rising inflation combined with plummeting consumer confidence.

When the President has a 39% approval rating on his ability to handle the economy the country is in trouble. His approval rating by small business owners is even worse…36%.
Why do you care about the poor now? You (the royal “you”) never have before. 😜

Why do you care about the poor now? You (the royal “you”) never have before. 😜
False. I have always been an advocate for real wage increases. I have also championed the cause of our inner cities including job training and education. I have talked about this issue at length on this forum. In fact, I’ve been the only voice for the people trapped in the drugs and violence on this board. I’m absolutely against the same old failed solutions which are still being pursued by most politicians for various reasons.

Goldfan gave it up too easy.

This is the main story right now. Everything is a distraction. Lots of Republicans, including a sitting member of Congress, will go to prison. We can’t have a functioning democracy unless we deal with it. You would have to be a damn idiot to think otherwise.

Reactions: Clong83a and watu05
I’ll stick with the findings of the FBI. You would have to be a damn idiot not too. The FBI is pretty damn good at what they do

Last edited:
Goldfan gave it up too easy.

This is the main story right now. Everything is a distraction. Lots of Republicans, including a sitting member of Congress, will go to prison. We can’t have a functioning democracy unless we deal with it. You would have to be a damn idiot to think otherwise.
This. It's not even about the idiots that stormed the capitol and whether or not you think they were organized, that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's about a verifiable and organized effort to overturn the results by lobbying state legislatures to ignore election results and lobbying Mike Pence to refuse to do his part in a ceremonial procedure, and lobbying Senators and Representatives to object to the counting of electoral votes from certain states.

It didn't work, but Trump's cronies found a shocking number of Reps, Senators, and state legislators that were willing to try and play ball. And it was absolutely a serious effort. You don't mess around with objecting to legitimate election results for political reasons that you know are bogus. As has been said, that is banana republic crap.

Reactions: Gold* and watu05
The prospect that these guys could "run out the clock" so Republican legislators could ignore it or SCOTUS could give the instigators a pass is depressing that it is even imaginable. We are closer to becoming Russia, Turkey or Hungary than most people want to think.

Reactions: drboobay
who is the slimmyer person?
a bank robber, or a long time trusted employee who is embezzling from the bank.

January 6 was wrong and wrong minded.
Trump cannot run for president for 3 more years. He will be 78, same age as Biden when first elected. We don't need Trump as a replacement.
Biden is an idiot now and the Democrats are using the other guy is worse logic.
I will not vote for Trump and I am fine with having an investigation.
Bidens friends have to tell him that hamburger has gone up. I am fully vaxed and boosted but that does not mean that I won't get Covid. I know repeat Covid suffers.

"The epademic of the unvaxed' is just a cover your asprin talk. Omicron is here now, cases are spiking. Biden is not up to the job.

Reactions: Clong83a
Trump cannot run for president for 3 more years. He will be 78, same age as Biden when first elected. We don't need Trump as a replacement.
Bidens friends have to tell him that hamburger has gone up. I am fully vaxed and boosted but that does not mean that I won't get Covid. I know repeat Covid suffers.

"The epademic of the unvaxed' is just a cover your asprin talk. Omicron is here now, cases are spiking. Biden is not up to the job.
Lots of Biden hate. However, Biden doesn’t make up the public health policy on his own.. That was the previous adminstration. Whatever Omicron turns out to be, at least we will know what actual scientists say it is instead of discredited anti-vaxxers or what a delusional former president wants it to be.

As for vaccinated people getting Covid, so what? They aren’t the ones clogging the hospitals or sending bodies to the cemetaries. I got it from going to mask free Texas, but I’ve had worse colds….thanks to 3 Moderna shots.

My epidemiogists friends think Biden is largely doing the right things, although they by and large hold the CDC in lower regard since it was polticized under Reagan and made to report to the White House.

As for Januariy 6, read Bob Woodward’s newest book “Peril” for a balanced account based on actual interviews with the actors in both the Trump and Biden administrations, in both houses of Congress, and the DoD.

Last edited:
You’re completely ignoring the fact we had over 1 million new Covid cases reported yesterday. Ignoring the fact that Biden has pawned off responsibility to the states at a time of 1M new cases. Ignored the mess with testing. Biden promised to end Covid. He obviously failed. To be fair he never should have made said promise.

The good news is this could be much worse if Omicron were a more lethal variant. The fact is two year into this pandemic and we still are woefully unprepared and have no uniform plan to combat the same. Remember when we could end Covid if we had more tests ? Vaccine? Herd immunity ? Uggghh

Reactions: PNTrough
You’re completely ignoring the fact we had over 1 million new Covid cases reported yesterday. Ignoring the fact that Biden has pawned off responsibility to the states at a time of 1M new cases. Ignored the mess with testing. Biden promised to end Covid. He obviously failed. To be fair he never should have made said promise.

The good news is this could be much worse if Omicron were a more lethal variant. The fact is two year into this pandemic and we still are woefully unprepared and have no uniform plan to combat the same. Remember when we could end Covid if we had more tests ? Vaccine? Herd immunity ? Ugggh
Again, something propagated by Trump at the beginning of the pandemic.
No person could have fixed the damage he caused in this amount of time.

Reactions: watu05

I agree. I don’t exactly think Biden is an idiot or going senile, but I certainly think we can do better.

I dread a Biden-Trump rematch.

Trump is a bizarre, Machiavellian deceiver.

But he did support the development of Covid vaccines. I will give him that much.

The good news is this could be much worse if Omicron were a more lethal variant. The fact is two year into this pandemic and we still are woefully unprepared and have no uniform plan to combat the same. Remember when we could end Covid if we had more tests ? Vaccine? Herd immunity ? Uggghh
Your expectations of Biden are a little too high. The rest of the worlds leaders and leading scientists are 'failing' as well. It's not as if there is one or more countries having a great deal of success against omicron.

Reactions: Clong83a
I agree. I don’t exactly think Biden is an idiot or going senile, but I certainly think we can do better.

I dread a Biden-Trump rematch.
It's sort of a sad commentary that the best the US could offer was two candidates in their 70's.

Biden is old, but he's not senile, an idiot or nuts. Heck some of the posters on this board are in their 70's and likely don't think they are senile or stupid. And they don't have nearly the workload that Biden does.

Last edited:
Your expectations of Biden are a little too high. The rest of the worlds leaders and leading scientists are 'failing' as well. It's not as if there is one or more countries having a great deal of success against omicron.
You’re likely correct. Had higher hopes based on his campaign promises and statements the first few months of his presidency. Very few of which have come to fruition. Punting responsibility to the states when the country is having 1M new cases a day was a very bad look imo. Not at all the platform he ran on.

Reactions: PNTrough
You’re likely correct. Had higher hopes based on his campaign promises and statements the first few months of his presidency. Very few of which have come to fruition. Punting responsibility to the states when the country is having 1M new cases a day was a very bad look imo. Not at all the platform he ran on.
follow the science.

If wishes were nurses,(horses) on a politician making campaign promises.

A lot more would have been accomplished had Republicans not doubled down with their base and started supporting covid Vaccine misinformation. No, it would not have prevented Omicron, but it would have save a lot of lives.

Reactions: watu05
i have no problem with the democrat party trying to dig up dirt on an oppositiin candidlate, ie
trump.
I do have a problem with them using taxpayer dollars and abusing the constitution and their office to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT