ADVERTISEMENT

James Flanders-9th & 10th

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
With all the talk of 1000 x 4 + 3000, I just realized that James Flanders finished the reg season 9th in the nation in total yards(1500+) and 10th in yards per game(127+). This has probably been mentioned before but didn't register. Duh! I've loved all our running backs from the Palomino's to Ron Jackson to Brett Adams to Tarrion Adams, but Flanders-his ability, toughness and that cool style of his-makes him my fav of all time. Oh, what could have been had he been healthy.

Of course, he could move up both list's in the bowl. Sorry Ron J.-But I'll never forget your almost single-handed destruction of San Diego St and Marshall Faulk in the '91 Freedom Bowl. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

I thought E. Rich. would have been even more special if his career was 5 years later.

I thought E. Rich. would have been even more special if his career was 5 years later.
E Rich was a good kid. I knew him well. A lot of Burns' players lost all desire to play football the last couple of years. That offense had some talented players but the OL lacked some athleticism.

I will never forget the friday night I ran into Richardson in the dorms after he ripped off 200+ yards and was the leading rusher in the NCAA. It was mind-blowing.

I was the hall director from 1999-2006. I had lots of interaction with a lot of football and some basketball players. Some were fun to hang around with and see a different side of. E-Rich, Money Culton, Uril Parrish, Charles Ramsdell were all really good guys.

With all the talk of 1000 x 4 + 3000, I just realized that James Flanders finished the reg season 9th in the nation in total yards(1500+) and 10th in yards per game(127+). This has probably been mentioned before but didn't register. Duh! I've loved all our running backs from the Palomino's to Ron Jackson to Brett Adams to Tarrion Adams, but Flanders-his ability, toughness and that cool style of his-makes him my fav of all time. Oh, what could have been had he been healthy.

Of course, he could move up both list's in the bowl. Sorry Ron J.-But I'll never forget your almost single-handed destruction of San Diego St and Marshall Faulk in the '91 Freedom Bowl. TU Football: 1st,last,always!
Its cool. Its time for the young cats to show up and show out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT