ADVERTISEMENT

It's official. NCAA tournament cancelled

NCAA canceled ALL remaining winter and spring championships. Basketball, hockey, lacrosse, softball, the College World Series and anything else that is still in season. They are going to have to figure out eligibility for thousands of athletes who didn't get to compete in their sports this year. (No, I don't think Martins gets an extra year of eligibility, but who knows).

This is pretty unchartered territory.

Statement from Haith:

While we are all disappointed to not be continuing our season, especially for our seniors Martins Igbanu and Lawson Korita, we recognize that this issue is not about sports. This is about doing everything we can as responsible citizens to protect our student-athletes, our campuses and our communities. These are very difficult decisions being made across the country and I have a great deal of respect for those making these calls. Their decision to cancel the NCAA Tournament hurts all of us, and I know it hurt those decision-makers greatly as well. But, it was the right call.

– Frank Haith, Tulsa Head Basketball Coach

Statement from Haith:

While we are all disappointed to not be continuing our season, especially for our seniors Martins Igbanu and Lawson Korita, we recognize that this issue is not about sports. This is about doing everything we can as responsible citizens to protect our student-athletes, our campuses and our communities. These are very difficult decisions being made across the country and I have a great deal of respect for those making these calls. Their decision to cancel the NCAA Tournament hurts all of us, and I know it hurt those decision-makers greatly as well. But, it was the right call.

Great statement Frank!

Season of coaches getting fired and hired ready to start.

Another casualty of the Chinese virus are sports pages, our local rag's & everywhere else. No great loss in Tulsa. Might save a few trees. As for me, I'm going to the library-assuming they are open.

Statement from Haith:

I really like Frank. I hope this year's trend continues and he's successful on the court and stays a long time. Seems like a real quality guy.

The fact that his player's really love the guy should always be enough. It is for me. And congrats(as noted before) to him for the AACK! honor. A real no-brainer of a decision. And what a haul for this season! 1st & 3rd All-Conf players, Conf. Championship and Coach of the Year, not to mention some unforgettable games. Plenty satisfying in this just incredibly strange ending to the season.

The fact that his player's really love the guy should always be enough. It is for me. And congrats(as noted before) to him for the AACK! honor. A real no-brainer of a decision. And what a haul for this season! 1st & 3rd All-Conf players, Conf. Championship and Coach of the Year, not to mention some unforgettable games. Plenty satisfying in this just incredibly strange ending to the season.
Don't forget this:
:haith3:
Quite possibly the greatest emoji of all time!

We oughtta know about Jones and/or anybody else entering the transfer portal and not coming back, fairly soon too.

Wonder if any NCAA Tournament money will be distributed to leagues this year. I believe tournament credits are spread out over 6 years. Is money earned in previous years going to be paid?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT