ADVERTISEMENT

Improvement?

One would certainly hope so. If not, we are in way more trouble than the simple arse whoppin' we took at OSU.

I expect us to be a lot better.

We honestly looked poorly prepared for OSU, almost to the point that it could be said that we were looking past them.

If we don't look better, then the questions about depth and recruiting are going to start surfacing.

Good Lord people, of COURSE we are going to look better Saturday. That was the worst possible game and place for us to break in a bunch of new guys at important positions. Also, you let me know when we are going to face an offense chock full of NFL caliber players.

I'll wait.

I expect us to be a lot better.

We honestly looked poorly prepared for OSU, almost to the point that it could be said that we were looking past them.

If we don't look better, then the questions about depth and recruiting are going to start surfacing.

Looking past the OSU game. WOW! There is delusional and then there is this statement.

Good luck to TU the rest of the way but they did not look past OSU.

It's crazy how fast some of the ppl on this forum worrry & have 0 faith in the team. Yes OSU beat us pretty bad. Take away Cooper's misalignment on JD davis big run, Reggie Falling while on Washington, Kerwin's missed interception, and Chad's fumble.. That's 28 points of big plays it happens. We went against arguably the best QB in college football and probably the biletnikoff winner..

Honestly, we still have just as good of a chance to go to a new years day bowl as OSU. The Big 12 champ will play in one, just not the final four. Conference will kill OSU and OU.

the offense was predictable.

Defense, we had decent 1 on 1 coverage, on their first two tds.

They are a top 10 team with several players that will be high draft chioces.

The offense seemed predictable bc its a tough spot for a brand new QB. While we will probably be able to gash Lousiana on the ground, I bet we try to open up the passing game some and get it going. We should be able to do what we want.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Heck yeah they'll improve.
Monty's teams play hard for him and improve week to week. President threw some nice balls last week; the receivers didn't have an outstanding game to help his stats much.

The people writing us off as "maybe we will win 6 to get to a bowl game" are making me just shake my head right now. You will be pleasantly surprised in the coming weeks.

Reactions: tutailgator
Looking past the OSU game. WOW! There is delusional and then there is this statement.

Good luck to TU the rest of the way but they did not look past OSU.

The OSU game is nothing more than a payday.. money on the nightstand, room service and a shower.

It would only make sense to focus on the games that will get us to a conference championship and a good bowl.

Most of our production must come from newer guys, because we graduated most of last years production. New guys should improve more than veterans. If they don't improve, then no... we can't ever do better. If all the teams we face this year are top 10 teams, then also no, it won't appear we will do any better.

Otherwise, yes.

Next question.

I honestly feel like we didn't open up the playbook against
The people writing us off as "maybe we will win 6 to get to a bowl game" are making me just shake my head right now. You will be pleasantly surprised in the coming weeks.
I agree I have a brother on the team and we talk everyday.. The defense to me is just as good or better than last year.. it was a few hiccups against OSU but don't write us off. Also the offense will get rolling just give it time!! Once Chad gets in his comfort zone he'll be a force

Once Chad gets in his comfort zone he'll be a force

Saturday’s game at home against a much weaker defense should allow him the opportunity to get more comfortable.

I don’t think many on here are giving enough credit to this OSU team. They’re very very good. Easily the most talented offense TU has played against in the Monty era.

Saturday’s game at home against a much weaker defense should allow him the opportunity to get more comfortable.

I don’t think many on here are giving enough credit to this OSU team. They’re very very good. Easily the most talented offense TU has played against in the Monty era.

Toss up between Ohio State and Oklahoma State for strongest opponent in recent years. It's still good to see us hang 24 points on them and 38 against Oklahoma in '15. Ohio State wasn't much to be excited about other than the first 27 minutes being a 6 to 3 ballgame.

Toss up between Ohio State and Oklahoma State for strongest opponent in recent years. It's still good to see us hang 24 points on them and 38 against Oklahoma in '15. Ohio State wasn't much to be excited about other than the first 27 minutes being a 6 to 3 ballgame.
I still think Ohio State was the best team overall that we have played. They beat Oklahoma in Norman like it was nothing.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
I still think Ohio State was the best team overall that we have played. They beat Oklahoma in Norman like it was nothing.

I also gained a lot of respect for the Ohio State program and their fans. Unlike many schools I've visited for TU away games, the Ohio State experience (outside the loss) was positive all the way around. They have very nice and knowledgeable fans who were very interested in TU. I will be going back to Columbus when we play them again in a few years.

Any guesses as to who will win between these two again this Saturday? I'm not a huge OU buff, but I think the last time OU played at Ohio State, Switzer was coach and on his knees when the kicker hit a winning field goal the year Elvis died: '77

Any guesses as to who will win between these two again this Saturday? I'm not a huge OU buff, but I think the last time OU played at Ohio State, Switzer was coach and on his knees when the kicker hit a winning field goal the year Elvis died: '77

Ohio State beat them last year 45-24 in Norman.

Ohio state looks over rated to me
Don't overlook Indiana , they are pretty good, especially at home. Kind of the big 10 version of Kstate.
Ohio State dominated the last 3 quarters of that game. Indiana made some big plays early to earn that shock. The Indiana QB and one huge playmaking WR are really good players. They don't have the depth or size up front in D and speed in their secondary to hang with the OSUs of the world. As for OU...DL and LBs looked pedestrian against UTEP and I would still worry about their secondary. Plus any Mike Stoops schemed defense is bound to break at some point.

If I'm Ohio State, I play dime all night and see what kind of run game OU can generate. I think Ohio State can cover the WRs but doubt any of their LBs can cover Andrews. That kid has 1st round all over him.

Ohio State dominated the last 3 quarters of that game. Indiana made some big plays early to earn that shock. The Indiana QB and one huge playmaking WR are really good players. They don't have the depth or size up front in D and speed in their secondary to hang with the OSUs of the world. As for OU...DL and LBs looked pedestrian against UTEP and I would still worry about their secondary. Plus any Mike Stoops schemed defense is bound to break at some point.

If I'm Ohio State, I play dime all night and see what kind of run game OU can generate. I think Ohio State can cover the WRs but doubt any of their LBs can cover Andrews. That kid has 1st round all over him.

Andrews is a beast. I think OU will play better in this one than the game in Norman. I expect either a close win from OU or a 10 point victory for Ohio State.

Agree that OUs defense has not been tested. I am expecting a barn burner.

Yeah, but is OU really itself?...

I don't think they have one potential felon on the team this year.

I am sure we will hear about a few at some point. Although, stoops was good at redshirting or suspending star players for crap games.

I think the real question is how good is Riley when his star player steals a jacket from Burlington coat factory or steals some gasoline or bashes some woman's face in after doing some drugs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT