ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State

I'm a little worried about team chemistry and overall heart/desire. Hopefully, just a bad stretch.

The conference looks to be down this year. I"ll take a .500 record and be thrilled.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
But we have a great pg! . just amazing how some on this board attack other posters for opinions.
This team has some talent but very slow foot work and many deficiencies. We get beat routinely on defense and some of the turnovers are do to lack of basketball quickness.

Is Wheelee hurt or sick? Not playing much. We look like the team that lost to Jacksonville State without him.

Igbanu is a little undersized to guard the post. Hopefully, his strength can overcome his size as he gets older.

I think Wheeler is OK. He just seems to get left on the bench for long stretches. He's had turnover problems, but so has almost every other guard.

ISU giving us a chance to get back in this with these over the back fouls.

A contested 3 when your trying to get inside double digits not so smart

Igbanu is a little undersized to guard the post. Hopefully, his strength can overcome his size as he gets older.
Igbanu is afraid to jump because they call a foul on him every time. Thing is he goes straight up almost every time and it's the offensive player creating the contact. The half arc in the lane has bailed the referees out as they don't actually look to see if it was a foul just call contact in the lane. Magnay got called for a foul standing straight up and not creating contact nor trying to draw a charge and because there was contact they called a foul on him because he was inside the arc. It was actually a no call as the contact had no bearing or effect in the shot.

Chemistry was developing and has went to hell the last two games. Haith wants an inside out game but our guys lack the confidence and chemistry to do that right now. That takes time.

That said, this was just crappy performance altogether.
.500 is still where I hope we are at the and of the season. Really, we should be a little above.
Under .500 and I'm an unhappy camper.

Dear Coach Hadith,

As a loyal TU fan, I was wondering when your men's basketball team was going to learn how to play defense?
Or play a legitimate d1 level offense?

Thank you for your response,

ME

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT