ADVERTISEMENT

I don't understand college football

aTUfan

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Apr 18, 2011
la la land
You don't have to win your conference. You don't even have to win your division.
To play in the championship series or big bowl.

Penn state won the big10, but osu plays in the championship series.

Usc was second to Colorado in their division, but usc is in the rose bowl?

I won't try to explain it (I can't) other than saying in your example the best teams got the best bowls imo.

Well....Washington won the Pac12 and is in the final 4. Penn St won the Big10 and is in the Rose Bowl. OU won the Big12 and is in the Sugar. Clemson and Bama both won their conferences and are in the Final 4. I'd say it still matters.

Watching this game would you pick Colorado over USC?

It is such a strange system, more like judging gymnastics than picking a team sport champion. Always has been.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Well....Washington won the Pac12 and is in the final 4. Penn St won the Big10 and is in the Rose Bowl. OU won the Big12 and is in the Sugar. Clemson and Bama both won their conferences and are in the Final 4. I'd say it still matters.

Watching this game would you pick Colorado over USC?
Ohio state in over Penn state was the only issue I had this year. That's not too bad compared to most years.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Colorado had a scheduling break, not facing Washington. And, Colorado lost to USC. And the craptastic secondary of CU made Washington and Rudolph look like All Americans last night. Congrats to the Pokes.

It is such a strange system, more like judging gymnastics than picking a team sport champion. Always has been.
This is what the G5 schools are hitching about. It's a beauty pageant amongst the name schools who can afford $ to lobby for the CFP and individual trophies. IMO there are 2 criteria you should meet in order to qualify for playoff consideration, 1) Not play any FCS schools on your schedule and 2) be a conference champion. Remember the bowls are about one thing, making money.

The guy calling the defense for Colorado last night was calling plays for the first time since Clinton was President. Im surprised it wasn't worse.

I say fine. Let Pokey think they are Superman when we come to town.

We just got royally screwed by the American for the 3rd time... Houston and Navy were #1 and #2...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT