ADVERTISEMENT

I counted the dots

TulsaFanForever

I.T.S. Freshman
Nov 30, 2005
I know I'm lame, but I counted the amount of remaining seats online.
The lower bowl had 361 remaining seats and the top i got tired of counting so I counted one side and figured it would be close to the same on the other side. I came up with 1085 seats remaining.
If there is any walk up at all it will either sell out or look like a sell out.
The only chunks of seats remaining are at the very top.

Pretty day late game should be a nice walk up crowd. Either way im pumped ready to get to eds and start pre gaming go TULSA

Remember when people said the saddle was too small?

I wonder if they still do SRO tix. Its been so long since the need was there, who knows. Decent idea. Let them fill in the unused corporate tix halfway through first half.

Looks like Stocking/Gilligan should make a profit tonight. Good for TU's third most famous fan (after mad dog and coach).

If we are going to count empty seats, how do we know they aren't in the bathroom or at the concession stand? Just a thought.

There were not 700 empty seats last night. Heck, there was probably 50 people SRO behind the goals.

My pals that got there close to tip had no choice but student section GA.

And the online system is going to show season tix as sold even if those tix don't get used.

There were a few SMU students who bought SRO seats. I overheard them say there weren't any seats available when they got to Tulsa. So I'm a bit confused how the attendance was 600 less than a sell out.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Lower bowl on the far side (non player side) had easily 100 empty seats. Half rows of donor seats with nobody there.

Nose pleads had some room. May have been "sold" as promo tickets and not used. Overall great crowd. Good atmosphere. Fun to see students energized.

Shake Milton and several of his Owasso Ram team mates were front row, center court behind the scorers table. How did they get those prime sets?

The seats were open. They were being used by the media staff to be close to the stats printer but as they got up at an early time out Shake and his pony pals grabbed them. I am almost positive they weren't their seats. Also, I'm told he was incredibly annoying to the staff in front of him. I really wanted to ask him what his soul brought him when he sold it to Larry Brown.

I was told by someone of knowledge that he thinks Larry Brown's NBA connections can help him get to his goal of being an NBA GM... I then proceeded to laugh as Larry Brown was absolutely RUN out of the league. If the Bobcats won't have you and you've won an NBA championship... Maybe there's something wrong with you!

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
The seats were open. They were being used by the media staff to be close to the stats printer but as they got up at an early time out Shake and his pony pals grabbed them. I am almost positive they weren't their seats. Also, I'm told he was incredibly annoying to the staff in front of him. I really wanted to ask him what his soul brought him when he sold it to Larry Brown.

I was told by someone of knowledge that he thinks Larry Brown's NBA connections can help him get to his goal of being an NBA GM... I then proceeded to laugh as Larry Brown was absolutely RUN out of the league. If the Bobcats won't have you and you've won an NBA championship... Maybe there's something wrong with you!
When the rest of the crap hits the fan from the SMU academic cheating and doctoring transcripts hits, Brown will slip quietly out of town, SMU will get 4 years probation plus 1 season postseason ban and leave Jankovich to clean up the mess...and then whatever coach succeeds Jankovich after 2 years when he is fired.

Brown may be at SMU 1 more year...MAY.

Originally posted by Dirty Side Judge:
Shake Milton and several of his Owasso Ram team mates were front row, center court behind the scorers table. How did they get those prime sets?
I saw those guys walk down there well after tip off and wondered the same thing.

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I think TU counts actual attendance (tickets scanned) vs. tickets sold.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
If that's true we will literally never have another sellout.
This.

So we could announce a sellout 5 days prior to a game and then list the attendance at 500 short of capacity? That seems odd and its at odds with how anyone else counts attendance.

I wonder about these "GA" tix. Those aren't listed on the on-line service. I don't know how many people they figure in those sections down on the east end, 600+ seems like a lot and it seemed pretty crowded down there. So it doesn't seem like a valid explanation in this case.

The other thing about using the scanning of tix is its highly inaccurate. Because the scanners never work. We had this discussion a few years ago in football. Where a bunch of fans on here were reporting just being allowed to go in without having their tix scanned because the scanner didn't work.

Well for the SMU game, while it was taking 30sec+ each for her to scan my and my 2 boys tix (and lines were building with people trying to get in), I, in an attempt to make small-talk said "scanners struggling"? She reached in her pocket and pulled out a wad of tix she said she was trying to keep to scan later. Right. So now we are counting on sitting around afterwards scanning tix as accurate? What if I decide I'd rather just drop those 100 tix in the trash? I would. People are already in. Why would it matter?

I'm just saying... The tix scan sounds like a great way to get a real-time idea of how many are there, but its only that way in theory. The reality is its no better than any other flawed method. I say count tix sold and don't worry about how many show up.

Ohhhh, they did that with our tickets. Tore off the stubs and kept them when they wouldn't scan.

I get that it's tricky to count any free tickets, but those are just the one where the scan should matter. Tickets that people paid for + student IDs scanned + and promo tix scanned. If other schools are announcing sellouts, bottom line is they are counting different than we are. It's semantics but we are making it a disadvantage.

Think the networks cared a few years back when they threatened an NFL game blackout because of ticket sales? Heck no, discussion was over when businesses just went ahead and bought tix to ensure they were sold out. Who cares if they all got used. $$$.

I don't understand why scanning should be such an issue. At the tourneys I've gone to they always scan tickets and it takes about two seconds rather than 30.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT