ADVERTISEMENT

I’m impressed

The best one is a free night and round of golf at shangri la. Shirley there’s a catch but who knows?! Then there’s a ticket book with silly but practical deals at the concession stand.

Then there’s a ticket book with silly but practical deals at the concession stand.

Take the coupon to concession stand before kickoff... they finally figure out how to use it and give you the food at halftime.

Have you received your season tickets? Mine have not arrived.

I've always whine about concessions (and not just at TU). Not only is selling a nickel's worth of coke for $100 very profitable, but it is part of the game day experience. I've never understood why they always seem caught off guard by predictable surges.

Why isn't there 10 cokes, 10 diets, 10 Dr. Peppers, 10 nachos, 10 hot dogs, etc. all ready to go by halftime? Worst case scenario, you through out a few dollars worth of merchandise (or the employees eat it). Most likely scenario, you keep up with demand and increase the units sold by a significant margin.

Step 1: Get butts in the seats.

Ste p2: it's the little things that keep them coming back...

Concessions.
PA volume.
Interesting things on the big screen (queue up those replays!)
Coordinate the band with other goings on.
Fireworks when we win.
Interesting "minute" promotions on the field during breaks.
Don't change beloved chants, hurricane sirens when we score, other that fans get in to.
Things that the kiddos find exciting (bouncy castle, place to throw a football, etc.)..
Ability for Joe AverageFan to enjoy pregame activities.
and, of course, have quality football against known opponents that people want to see play and get beaten!

We have, on and off, executed well on many of those items. But it seems rare that we bring them all together. Lots of moving parts, I get that it isn't an easy job or one a Monday Morning QB like me could come in and do. But I think if it came together we could see attendance steadily grow.

I received mine Saturday.
Jesse - thanks. I haven’t received my Eastside or End Zone tickets but will check on them. I did get an email a few minutes ago that club seat tickets will be available on Friday from 3:00 - 6:30.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT