ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Nation, your help is needed

So did you know that in Latin America, if you make the "come here" motion with your index finger, that you are basically asking a prostitute to come over? So when you want a loved one to come to you, you make the come here motion with your fingers pointing downward. So is that going to change how you make a signal that is ingrained in your memory?

Put things in context. Making a Reign Cane sign to other blue-wearing, friendly faces at a TU football game will likely not be construed that you are calling that person a derogatory name.

Disclaimer to snowflakes: 'Reign Cane' does not confer nor imply any superiority of hurricanes to tornadoes, cyclones, typhoons or any other weather phenomena.

To those who gave thoughtful feedback, thank you. I have forwarded the idea of the chant done during pregame to the marketing folks.

I figured this thread would devolve quickly when I posted it. To those who made my prediction come true, thanks for that I suppose.

I imagine if I somehow get on the video board at a game I'll throw up the reign cane sign. It's better than the traditional "#1" that all the students do these days...plus it's better than just Ric Flairing it to the camera (whoooooooo!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT