ADVERTISEMENT

How long before this championship is expanded from 4 to 8

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
First there were two teams to play for the NC. But some worthy teams got left out or so the logic went. This year Baylor, TCU, and Ohio State all have one loss.

I don't want to see it but before long it's going to be expanded to 8. The reason that I am against it is that it will continue to marginalize the Other Five Conferences.

With one more game, TCU and Baylor appear to have the easier path.

This post was edited on 11/30 5:54 PM by TUMe

Originally posted by TUMe:
First there were two teams to play for the NC. But some worthy teams got left out or so the logic went. This year Baylor, TCU, and Ohio State all have one loss.

I don't want to see it but before long it's going to be expanded to 8. The reason that I am against it is that it will continue to marginalize the Other Five Conferences.

With one more game, TCU and Baylor appear to have the easier path.

This post was edited on 11/30 5:54 PM by TUMe
Had Auburn beat Alabama it would happen very fast even maybe next year. The SEC was really close to getting shut out of the top 4 teams. That would have had ESPN crying outrage as they have vested interest in the SEC doing well.

I guess it could still happen if Mizzou beats Alabama. Not very likely to occur.

But it is going to happen they will eventually go to eight teams.

I like Coach Grahams proposal. Five power conference champs and three at larges. The lesser conferences have a much better chance in that scenario.

GO TU!!!

How about a REAL playoff?

32 teams. Every D1 conference champion; 10 teams. Then 22 others.

it works in Ncaa BB., Division 2, naia, Highschool, NBA, NFL, NHL, . . .

I give it a year after the first time a big money game is lost. Maybe 5 years?

If Ohio State doesn't get in and it's all Southern teams [except Oregon] the Eastern media will flip out. Worst case from their view point would be Baylor, TCU, FSU, and Alabama. That would require a couple of upsets, but stranger things have happened.

I like 16 teams with 10 conference champs plus 6 at large and seeded. No conference champ can be seeded below an at large and you couldn't play a team from your conference in round 1. Would make for interesting matchups in first round. If Mizzou wins the SEC will be shut out. Ohio State is going to lose with their brainless backup in. The interesting decision this week will come down to TCU or Baylor. IMO, TCU is the better overall team through all games played. Baylor won head to head which is the catch, but TCU was even better in that game for 45 minutes.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I like 16 teams with 10 conference champs plus 6 at large and seeded. No conference champ can be seeded below an at large and you couldn't play a team from your conference in round 1. Would make for interesting matchups in first round. Posted from Rivals Mobile
This could be done, but the powers that be want only a marginal seat at the table for the little guy.

I remember when many CFB teams played a 9 game regular season, now its 12 with most conferences playing an additional conf championship, thats 13 and add a bowl game, you have 14 games. Just do away with the conf championships games and it can be done. 16 allows a place or two for all us peons and prevents the cartel argument.

IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT