ADVERTISEMENT

Hilarious UCONN football dis

Let’s focus on what’s important- UCONN is being compared to two bottom tier WAC teams by the national media! I just honestly don’t know how you build a top flight conference with deadweight like that. None of us wanted this, and we’re surely not happy about it, but I think We owe it to all the great AAC student athletes to have a straightforward discussion of whether the time has come to invite UCONN to consider a different home for their athletics programs. I’m sure there are conferences where their level of commitment and ability would be a better fit and it would be better for everyone for them to move to one of those conferences. Maybe the Patriot League? It would be much fairer to their student athletes and responsible for their administration to be in a conference like that where they have at least some chance of being competitive.

Reactions: TU_BLA
UConn would be better off joining the A-10 for basketball and the MAC for football just like Temple used to do.

UConn would be better off joining the A-10 for basketball and the MAC for football just like Temple used to do.
Why would the MAC take them? They’d be bottom of the barrel in the MAC too. The MAC doesn’t need more crappy football teams anymore than we do. Their BB might be good enough to get them into the MAC in all sports but BB is the only asset of value they have and the paints chipped and seats cracked on their BB these days too.

Let’s focus on what’s important- UCONN is being compared to two bottom tier WAC teams by the national media! I just honestly don’t know how you build a top flight conference with deadweight like that. None of us wanted this, and we’re surely not happy about it, but I think We owe it to all the great AAC student athletes to have a straightforward discussion of whether the time has come to invite UCONN to consider a different home for their athletics programs. I’m sure there are conferences where their level of commitment and ability would be a better fit and it would be better for everyone for them to move to one of those conferences. Maybe the Patriot League? It would be much fairer to their student athletes and responsible for their administration to be in a conference like that where they have at least some chance of being competitive.
Let’s be fair...San Jose St is at least a bottom tier Mountain West team. New Mexico St was kicked out of the Sun Belt along with Idaho and I believe they are now independents for football (Idaho may have dropped football or down to FCS).

But yes, UCONN needs to have that tough discussion about whether or not they should continue football while pulling funds away from Geno Auriemma’s team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT