ADVERTISEMENT

Good Shaquille Harrison Story

Defense & rebounding kept a spot in the league for Ruffin for several years. Love how he earned everything he got.(unlike asses like Clarkson) Nice to see Chicago thinks of him as a building block.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaFan2000
So is his stint in the NBA done. I thought he looked good enough to get picked up by somebody after Chicago.

My guess is this was the plan all along to work around some NBA rule on cap numbers.

My guess is this was the plan all along to work around some NBA rule on cap numbers.
I agree.
I know Shaq wasn't lights out on offense for them, but he was statistically one of the league's best defenders last year and that should be just as valuable as someone who can score points in bunches but can't play defense. (Carmelo Anthony, Nick Young, Andrew Wiggins, etc...)

I agree.
I know Shaq wasn't lights out on offense for them, but he was statistically one of the league's best defenders last year and that should be just as valuable as someone who can score points in bunches but can't play defense. (Carmelo Anthony, Nick Young, Andrew Wiggins, etc...)
He's no worse than Russ at shooting the ball and is about as effective at getting into the lane.

He's no worse than Russ at shooting the ball and is about as effective at getting into the lane.
The argument the Chicago folks were making was that his defense was stellar, work ethic was fantastic, and offense was improving all for a bargain price tag.

Dan Bernstein's article, from an hour or so ago, on how he liked the move included the following statistics:

Harrison was nothing less than the NBA's fastest player on defense last season, with an average defensive speed tracked at 4.47 mph that made him tops among those playing at least 20 games. And it showed in the actual results too.

His 3.7 deflections per 36 minutes (minimum 50 games played) placed him in a group tied for fourth in 2018-'19, right alongside Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Marcus Smart and Paul George. Harrison tied for the NBA lead in loose balls recovered per 36 minutes (minimum 50 games) with George and Kent Bazemore. He and George also tied for third in steals per 36 minutes (min 50 games) at 2.2, trailing Thabo Sefolosha, DeAnthony Melton and Smart but ahead of Bazemore, DeAndre Bembry, Jimmy Butler, Larry Nance Jr. and James Harden.

The argument the Chicago folks were making was that his defense was stellar, work ethic was fantastic, and offense was improving all for a bargain price tag.

Dan Bernstein's article, from an hour or so ago, on how he liked the move included the following statistics:

Harrison was nothing less than the NBA's fastest player on defense last season, with an average defensive speed tracked at 4.47 mph that made him tops among those playing at least 20 games. And it showed in the actual results too.

His 3.7 deflections per 36 minutes (minimum 50 games played) placed him in a group tied for fourth in 2018-'19, right alongside Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Marcus Smart and Paul George. Harrison tied for the NBA lead in loose balls recovered per 36 minutes (minimum 50 games) with George and Kent Bazemore. He and George also tied for third in steals per 36 minutes (min 50 games) at 2.2, trailing Thabo Sefolosha, DeAnthony Melton and Smart but ahead of Bazemore, DeAndre Bembry, Jimmy Butler, Larry Nance Jr. and James Harden.
Being mentioned and having stats alongside PG, Marcus Smart, and Draymond puts Shaq in the realm of ELITE NBA defender.

Being mentioned and having stats alongside PG, Marcus Smart, and Draymond puts Shaq in the realm of ELITE NBA defender.
100% agree that he is an elite defender. If he can get his offense going a bit more to earn minutes he's got an exceptionally bright future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT