ADVERTISEMENT

Good night not to be playing at UConn

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
scared0016.r191677.gif

Not a good time to have traveling plans to or from UConn/ Wonder if they'll make it to Cincinnati for their Thursday game?

Rather be hunkered down than runnin round.

This post was edited on 1/27 5:30 AM by Gmoney4WW

Hartford being more inland and away from the coast will be spared the main part of the storm. This is a coastal storm with the heaviest snowfall being on Long Island and Cape Cod and Boston. My family still lives back that way and while a bad storm not quite as bad as the apocalypse originally predicted. :).

UCONN should be able to get out at least by Wednesday evening at the latest
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Providence yesterday cancelled today's game. Already NOAA is backing off of the worst predictions except along the coast. It' really bad there but less elsewhere than it looked like it was going to be.

Me, my mom just sent a picture of the 4 ft. drift on her back porch preventing her from leaving through that door. She lives halfway between Providence, RI and Cape Cod. The predictions there were pretty close, maybe just slightly less. She said the wind is the worst part with 50-60 mph gusts. Anyone who has been somewhere where the snow is blowing around that hard knows it sucks!

I look at these things a little differently. I'm always hoping for a hidden advantage. I think the weather would keep the crowd to a minimum and make it a problem for them. I'd be hoping for a "empty gym" and more of a scrimmage "feel" than a game atmosphere. When we do play them and if the weather is good, their crowd will be vocal and "rabid". We should always embrace every advantage we can get.

IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT