ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning Bryce T

OSU is having a crybaby session right now. I think Boynton is actually crying and he's naming names at the NCAA. This should end well...how many gun-toting OSU rubes start threatening those NCAA employees. They continue to harp on the fact that no one currently associated with the program was part of the violations. And of course ESPN guys will be why are you punishing kids that didn't do anything wrong. The point is, they're punishing the program. If you always tie it to current players and coaches, no one would ever get punished and there would be ZERO accountability ever. It's a program punishment. Stop trying to spin it any other way.

OSU is having a crybaby session right now. I think Boynton is actually crying and he's naming names at the NCAA. This should end well...how many gun-toting OSU rubes start threatening those NCAA employees. They continue to harp on the fact that no one currently associated with the program was part of the violations. And of course ESPN guys will be why are you punishing kids that didn't do anything wrong. The point is, they're punishing the program. If you always tie it to current players and coaches, no one would ever get punished and there would be ZERO accountability ever. It's a program punishment. Stop trying to spin it any other way.
I thought you were talking theoretically about Boyton but I just saw the video ! He really was crying ! Screw OSU , their fans have always thought they were better than they ever were ! Now if we can just catch the boomers in some violations , this would be a great thing to take our minds off of Haith and Monty

Rod and wife were at the game tonight being greeted warmly by fans he knows
I have never bought that Boynton was innocent as opposed to consciously innocent.
TU got a similar ban based on violations by the TRACK team.
No tears here for OSU
Total BS reaction by OSU and local media
Other schools voluntarily took a year out of the tournament
And let’s not forget the crying coach hired the brother of Cade Cunningham and then win ONE game in the tournament
He’s a fraud

Reactions: TU 1978
Boynton and Lamont Evans were both assistants at OSU together.

The argument should always be that the punishment is levied on the program. Evans pleaded guilty to a federal crime that was the centerpiece of this infraction WHILE COACHING at OSU. Maybe if the NCAA came down hard on players and coaches at the center of these issues maybe you could spare the program some. But they don't have any power against individuals...look at Kelvin Sampson. Cheats once, cheats twice and when the NCAA slaps a show-cause on him, he just goes and coaches in the NBA. The same with players. But when you hit the programs with postseason bans, loss of scholarships, etc. you hurt them in the one area they actually care about...$$$. Heck, you don't even have to levy a death penalty any more. Loss of 4 scholarships per year for 2, 3 or 4 years will work almost the same without the stigma of "death penalty". NCAA needs to do that more in these situations. Hammer KU, Arizona, Louisville with these postseason bans and loss of significant scholarships.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Calipari comes to mind…
Yep. Got UMASS into a lot of trouble, leaves for the pros, comes back to college, gets Memphis in trouble, leaves again...when does Kentucky get in trouble? Pitino is there with him but I don't think he was on the wrong side of things at Providence...but at Kentucky and Louisville and the unreal expectations in those places...coaches most assuredly cheat just to keep their jobs. Larry Brown is another...how he is allowed to coach in the NCAA after repeated infractions is crazy. If I'm the NCAA, I put Memphis on notice that every thing they do while Brown is there will be scrutinized. Penny already has them dirty...Brown just makes the mud darker and murkier. He should not have been allowed to be employed by an NCAA school considering his past infractions.

Reactions: TU 1978
All I can figure is Brown had alimony payments. Why work this hard late in life? I get it if you really love what you do, but being an assistant at Memphis for Penny is not a job i could imagine loving. Now if free ribs and BABs are involved, maybe.

All I can figure is Brown had alimony payments. Why work this hard late in life? I get it if you really love what you do, but being an assistant at Memphis for Penny is not a job i could imagine loving. Now if free ribs and BABs are involved, maybe.
It is probably better than having a pre-car wreck Pat Croce telling him and Allan Iverson he was going to kick both their asses if they didn’t get along. FYI - he would have done it too.

Reactions: Oak775
I think by the time the probation ends, he may have transferred to the Enid Storm.
If that ding-dong tries to play dumb, he should get double. It is totally laughable he knew nothing. The locker room fluff boy probably knew it was going on. It is a joke.

That said. If Kansas skirts with no penalties, the NCAA is a total and complete farce. It really already is but they are totally selective in their punishment based on the size and "importance" of programs.

Reactions: TU_BLA and Tu Geo
It is probably better than having a pre-car wreck Pat Croce telling him and Allan Iverson he was going to kick both their asses if they didn’t get along. FYI - he would have done it too.
Bill Parcels had alimony payments. You really think he wanted to coach the Cowboys?

Reactions: TU1NNJ
The penalty should also follow the coach. When a team like Stephen S. Austin is that good something is up and it’s not the rent.
Was Boynton at SFA ? Then nothing surprises me...........

NCAA not happy with OSU. See recent statement from NCAA. Probably what you get when the people in charge are relative rookies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT