ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech guard transferring to Tulsa

Ticket prices were also minimum 45$ per conference control if I remember right. Season ticket holders got first pick no idea how many showed up for that but I think that would be the most likely. The casual walk up fan is probably not paying double price to see ECU (no knock on them).

To see ecu? My God that is a gross excuse again. Your team is hosting the ship and you make that excuse for the casual fan? Vomit.

Reactions: TU_BLA
There is no excuse for the ship. All those reasons explain why we have general attendance problems, but not why we can't get any better attendance for the ship. Nearly every other team would have shown up for the ship better.

There is no excuse for the ship. All those reasons explain why we have general attendance problems, but not why we can't get any better attendance for the ship. Nearly every other team would have shown up for the ship better.

Amen. It’s the freaking title game, and tulsans find an excuse not to show up. I believe I heard tons of people say “they got blown out at Houston two weeks earlier”! Who the hell cares??? That’s why the season is longer than one game. That was embarrassing to see.

I forgot to especially point out that rice fan would have probably done better.

People need to quit saying any other team or any other school.

There are no other schools like Tulsa.

We are unique. Not an excuse just pointing out that there is no one to really compare this university to.

I expect a high level of success and accomplishment, but I don't necessarily expect it to happen the same way other people get it done.

I forgot to especially point out that rice fan would have probably done better.

Rice 2013 Championship game attendance 20,247

Tulsa 2008 Championship game attendance 22,740

Swing and a miss.

ECU was only 33k in a season they averaged 43k. 2009

UCF hit their average, 41k. 2010

As did Houston, 32k. 2011

We sucked 17,600. 2012 (15-50$) vs UCF.

Marshall came in a little under their average at 22k. 2014

Last edited:
Sorry, the $15 tickets were for the 2012 game vs UCF. Only 17k showed up for that one.

Yeah I figured it out when running through the numbers. GMoney also get credit for being correct that Rice did better than us once and worse once.

Ticket prices were also minimum 45$ per conference control if I remember right. Season ticket holders got first pick no idea how many showed up for that but I think that would be the most likely. The casual walk up fan is probably not paying double price to see ECU (no knock on them).
My wife and I flew from dallas just to attend the game.

My wife and I flew from dallas just to attend the game.

I remember it being a 10am game and cold.

It was freezing and (at the time) the crowd seemed disappointing.

Rice 2013 Championship game attendance 20,247

Tulsa 2008 Championship game attendance 22,740

Swing and a miss.

ECU was only 33k in a season they averaged 43k. 2009

UCF hit their average, 41k. 2010

As did Houston, 32k. 2011

We sucked 17,600. 2012 (15-50$) vs UCF.

Marshall came in a little under their average at 22k. 2014
I didn't remember rice fan had played for the conference championship that recently. Was speaking hypothetically. But you pulled a rabbit out of a hat sliding down a big hill.

The first and worst wave of teams leaving for the American had already happened, and we were leaving the next year in the second wave. The teams left over were in a vastly depleted conference. I certainly wouldn't expect them to draw as many fans after everybody left.

Their conference championships no matter who plays in them now are much worse on attendance. 2013 and onwards was the beginning of their fall to a lesser conference. Before 2013 the only recent championships with lesser attendance were ours, afterwards they all had lesser attendance. Nice attempt to save face.

Last edited:
I didn't remember rice fan had played for the conference championship that recently. Was speaking hypothetically. But you pulled a rabbit out of a hat sliding down a big hill.

The first and worst wave of teams leaving for the American had already happened, and we were leaving the next year in the second wave. The teams left over were in a vastly depleted conference. I certainly wouldn't expect them to draw as many fans after everybody left.

Their conference championships no matter who plays in them now are much worse on attendance. 2013 and onwards was the beginning of their fall to a lesser conference. Before 2013 the only recent championships with lesser attendance were ours, afterwards they all had lesser attendance. Nice attempt to save face.

Sigh....

We actually did better than ECU and roughly in line with UCF and Houston, because you know things are relative. The early morning last hurrah for us in 2012 is probably not a good example for several reasons, most of which you were nice enough to list.

Thanks for playing....and proving again you can't help yourself.

Have a good day.

You are wacked. We should be happy with 22,500(approx) in 2008 because what, we are a small university. Your relative statement is silly. We are in a city/metroplex big enough to pull more than that, especially for a championship.

We just can't get the city to tie in with our private university. We did pull a lot more than that in the past, and then the entertainment world changed and the mentality of the people changed.

Relative, what a laugh. And nobody had left in 2012, so how is that an excuse for 2012 being 17,500. You just pull crap out of your head and think it makes any sense. Thanks for not playing. Done explaining reality to you, when you warp it to help you save face. Whatever.

In 2008/12 we should have pulled a heck of a lot closer to 28,000, because it was the championship both years. Period.

It was embarrassing for us in 2008 and more embarrassing in 2012.

Last edited:
You are wacked. We should be happy with 22,500(approx) in 2008 because what, we are a small university. Your relative statement is silly. We are in a city/metroplex big enough to pull more than that, especially for a championship.

We just can't get the city to tie in with our private university. We did pull a lot more than that in the past, and then the entertainment world changed and the mentality of the people changed.

Relative, what a laugh. And nobody had left in 2012, so how is that an excuse for 2012 being 17,500. You just pull crap out of your head and think it makes any sense. Thanks for not playing. Done explaining reality to you, when you warp it to help you save face. Whatever.

In 2008/12 we should have pulled a heck of a lot closer to 28,000, because it was the championship both years. Period.

It was embarrassing for us in 2008 and more embarrassing in 2012.

Alright.

I'll type slow and maybe it will help you.

Compared to what we were doing as a season average, our attendance in 2008 was fine. When comparing it to other teams in the same time frame using their season averages to their championship game averages, they were basically the same.

In 2012 teams had already announced they were leaving and Tulsa looked like it was left behind. That's sure to spark some excitement holding the championship game of a conference that was already on it's way out right?

You have some great ideas. But you aren't in touch with reality. If we weren't pulling 30k for a season average it is unlikely 10k more are going to suddenly buy in, regardless of weather, ticket price, or entertainment.

Tulsa should be able to do a lot of things, supporting TU is one of them, but it just doesn't magically happen in one week whether you are playing for a championship or not. Add in that the conference is being gutted (remember Memphis was leaving and suppose to hold the bball tournament, but we did instead) and it's not hard to see why people not directly associated with the school (900k or so) had little interest in the game.

So again you can think Tulsa should of had 28k for the championship game. I think we should have sold out for OU. Doesn't change the fact we basically hit our average for yours and sold tickets at too high a price for mine.

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Life and situations always have context, the context for 2012 as you wrote in the previous post was rats fleeing a sinking ship. ECU, UCF, and Houston the best football teams in CUSA (along with us the division champs every year basically) were leaving and Tulsa wasn't. In basketball Memphis the flagship of the whole conference period was leaving, Tulsa wasn't. ECU and Tulane announced the week before the game they were leaving, I am sure that helped drive tickets sales right? Half the conference leaving is a good thing isn't it? While playing a team we knew it was their last CUSA game?

Last edited:
Cumberland coming back to Cincy...Move them up a couple of notches as he guns for MVP of AAC.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Cumberland coming back to Cincy...Move them up a couple of notches as he guns for MVP of AAC.

He has a cousin that is a grad transfer who Cincy is in on.

ECU signed an athletic 7fter with an outside touch.

USF guard rideau is returning for senior season as well.

I'm hoping the AAC will get to the point where an 11-7 record is enough for at large.

Reactions: rusty-c
I'm hoping the AAC will get to the point where an 11-7 record is enough for at large.

Need a bunch of teams to be undefeated or one loss in ooc. That sets the table for it and gives the conference a chance to get more than 6 bids in if everyone had a decent ooc sos.

Reactions: TU_BLA and rusty-c
Need a bunch of teams to be undefeated or one loss in ooc. That sets the table for it
and gives the conference a chance to get more than 6 bids in if everyone had a
decent ooc sos.

Yelp! A decent+ OOC s.o.s. is the key....The OOC Sched. has to include some good
ball clubs...That means you can't use the first four or five games as scrimmages and
substitute everyone except 'coach' and 'mad dog' five at a time.....I was hoping in my
lifetime that Haith would catch on to the fact that he has to have his team ready by the
two exhibitions....With a near roster full of transfers and JUCOs, experience shouldn't
be a factor, so it seems possible (if that is one of the staff's goals!).....

I don't know how much I am looking forward to FB season....We seem to have as many
questions as answers.....BUT, I'm ready for some BB!

Reactions: I.I.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT