ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread.

I think it was the fumble on the second series that caused the major melt down!
Yup. I melted after that. I shut if off after the missed FG. Checked the score later and saw 21-0 and said "of course".... Checked again and saw we finally scored.... and I was like well.... 14 isn't undoable...

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Tulsa plays dirty. Bunch of goons.
Reflects the ineptness of the Head Coach and the AD. What a shame.

Funny how you stopped posting once the wind picked up and the momentum shifted.

Good teams find a way to win. You might as well get used to it.

And leave the AD out of your nonsense. He’s a good guy.

Doesn't he excuse Tulsa and other teams of playing dirty. Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Red Dirt. It's so hard to tell them apart.

The defense adjusted to that 3-5-3 and SMU went nowhere. ESPN pointed that out for me, I didn't have the football acumen to notice the formation...

For more complicated reasons, but just for general purposes, versus run heavy teams with multiple tight end sets, particularly those not based on a spread concept, simply changing formations will not be a magic wand. It was highly effective against SMU. Its

I'm not sure how we will look to handle Tulane or Cincy since they are run first but not necessarily three yards and a cloud of dust, but with Navy we can cheat some and sell out on the run, trusting the secondary alone on islands with Navy's receivers.

Let's talk leaves. Someone forgot to bag up a ton of leaves around the NE corner of the Case Center & when the 50-60mph wind arrived, it was kind of spooky to see them come creeping around the corner where the team enters, wave after wave of them, first filling the end-zone & then blowing onto the field. Maybe a bad omen for Smoo who didn't score in the 2nd half.

Get the leaves piled up & ready for Tulame & use a big-a$$ fan if there's no wind.

For more complicated reasons, but just for general purposes, versus run heavy teams with multiple tight end sets, particularly those not based on a spread concept, simply changing formations will not be a magic wand. It was highly effective against SMU. Its

I'm not sure how we will look to handle Tulane or Cincy since they are run first but not necessarily three yards and a cloud of dust, but with Navy we can cheat some and sell out on the run, trusting the secondary alone on islands with Navy's receivers.

Were you able to enjoy the victory last night?

He probably doesn’t realize Gragg is gone. He’s too wrapped up in his own snowflake kingdom after the election

Were you able to enjoy the victory last night?

Navy game isn’t going to be played so it won’t matter.

Let's talk leaves. Someone forgot to bag up a ton of leaves around the NE corner of the Case Center & when the 50-60mph wind arrived, it was kind of spooky to see them come creeping around the corner where the team enters, wave after wave of them, first filling the end-zone & then blowing onto the field. Maybe a bad omen for Smoo who didn't score in the 2nd half.

Get the leaves piled up & ready for Tulame & use a big-a$$ fan if there's no wind.
So 8th St in front of the Magee Gym bldg is lined with large sycamore trees for pretty much the entire block. The leaves are might large and they looked like flags every time one was in the immediate shot

Hahahahaha
This wasn’t a wrong assessment. It has been plaguing Monty’s teams for years. We have gotten lucky and won in spite of the lack of discipline but we can’t play that way against Cincinnati or we’ll get our ass handed to us. We also can’t spot them 21-0 lead and think we can come back. I’m happy for the win but why are we squeaking out 4 pt wins against teams we should be beating by 2-3 TDs. No one can say once we puled our heads out of our a$$es last night we weren’t clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. We dominated the LOS. Our defense is easily one of the best 10-15 in the country. Better preparedness and mental acuity right out of the locker room and SMU scores 10 pts at most in that game and we win 34-10 or so. Zach Smith, when locked on, is really good. Our WRs last night were really good (only 2 drops by my count). Yet every week we have to figure out how to come back from a deficit because our head coach can’t have this team prepared from the opening kick. We saw it again last night, we had problems getting plays in. Heck, this offense is so simple, just let Smith call a side and route options and go.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Don’t go too hard on BLA and Money, they’re good fans. Zit and Maverick deserve all the grief you can throw their way though.

We’re 4-1 and have won 6 of our last 7 conference games yet some still manage to constantly complain. I had fun at the game last night and can’t wait to see my team play again.

Reactions: quincy101
Don’t go too hard on BLA and Money, they’re good fans. Zit and Maverick deserve all the grief you can throw their way though.

We’re 4-1 and have won 6 of our last 7 conference games yet some still manage to constantly complain. I had fun at the game last night and can’t wait to see my team play again.
I guar-ann-teeee you, I won't be melting like that again. (At least until Cincy.)

This wasn’t a wrong assessment. It has been plaguing Monty’s teams for years. We have gotten lucky and won in spite of the lack of discipline but we can’t play that way against Cincinnati or we’ll get our ass handed to us. We also can’t spot them 21-0 lead and think we can come back. I’m happy for the win but why are we squeaking out 4 pt wins against teams we should be beating by 2-3 TDs. No one can say once we puled our heads out of our a$$es last night we weren’t clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. We dominated the LOS. Our defense is easily one of the best 10-15 in the country. Better preparedness and mental acuity right out of the locker room and SMU scores 10 pts at most in that game and we win 34-10 or so. Zach Smith, when locked on, is really good. Our WRs last night were really good (only 2 drops by my count). Yet every week we have to figure out how to come back from a deficit because our head coach can’t have this team prepared from the opening kick. We saw it again last night, we had problems getting plays in. Heck, this offense is so simple, just let Smith call a side and route options and go.
Zach’s mistakes gifted SMU 14 points , but to his credit he didn’t dwell on them and played a great second half. From my seat Tulsa definitely did not dominate the LOS in the first half . I’ve always regretted leaving the So. Mississippi snow game early ...I’m glad I stayed for this win .
You must admit watching TU football does “Clean Out the Pipes “ and clear the arteries .

I guar-ann-teeee you, I won't be melting like that again. (At least until Cincy.)
If we can win two out of three remaining games get ready for the Sugar Bowl .
Cincy isn’t #6 in the nation because of COVID , they’re damn good .

We need to win out convincingly and OSU to beat OU before that’s realistic. Too much ground lost in the polls. The story still won’t be that we beat SMU, it will be OSU and UCF are down this year and SMU never was.

Tulsa plays dirty. Bunch of goons.
Reflects the ineptness of the Head Coach and the AD. What a shame.

I’m a pretty big fan of the work our goons have been doing

UncomfortableCarefreeFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

The dates don’t work out for the game to be played. Our only open date is the week of the Army-Navy game.
I realize that. As far as I know, the conference is still holding out on delaying the championship another week if necessary, and the NCAA is holding out on delaying bowl games at the same time. I know it's not likely, but I don't think the conference has said anything absolute, for this reason.

I personally like what smith has been doing this year. He starts off slow, I get that, but alot of QBs out there would just implode with a start to a game like he had last night. I dont really blame him too much on some of those throws last night. With that wind, it's hard to judge it sometimes. And on the fumble, I blame tk more then smith, for being so close to him. Let's also remember, this team isnt used to actually playing games consistently. That can also mess with you, having so much time off

I personally like what smith has been doing this year. He starts off slow, I get that, but alot of QBs out there would just implode with a start to a game like he had last night.
Or the other day, or the other day, or the other day.

So true though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT