ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts Cincinnati

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
I’m unable to log in to the Alley and too lazy to fix it.

Sorry.

We are terrible. I don’t understand what is going on. I am not watching most of our games for the first time since i was in middle school.

I just want the season to end. I’m sure it’s a sh!tty thing to say, but it’s the truth.

The guys struggle to be competitive.

Wes Miller hasn’t built a vintage Cincy team, but they’re good enough make this a laugher.

I’m unable to log in to the Alley and too lazy to fix it.

Sorry.

We are terrible. I don’t understand what is going on. I am not watching most of our games for the first time since i was in middle school.
You have to ask? The program was broken and with an absolutely awful roster. He will have a full offseason to remake it and the arrow will be pointing up next season. Don’t act surprised by this years results.

I’m not seeing the improvement that others are seeing outside of a player or two. We continue to lose games by more than predictive metrics based on our play up to that game, which means we are actually continuing to play worse. It’s has stabilized a bit but we were 251 in Kenpom after WSU and it will be lower than that after tonight

Let's be honest, there are only 4 or 5 keepers on this roster for next season. Konkol needs to hit paydirt this spring.

This team doesn't have any real expectations to win. You can see it in the body language on court, especially after they get slapped in the face by our opponents. That usually starts around the under 12 in the first half.

We started out playing decent but then went 8+ minutes without a field goal allowing Cincy to go on a 16-0 run. It was all over but the shouting at that point. I’m going on a vacation starting Saturday so I’ll be missing the next three games, watch us win all three.

Really odd post game interview by Konkol.

He basically said Cincy is just super good, so there’s not much they could do.

Cincy probably won’t even make the NIT.

They had rim protectors that completely eliminated our inside game and their guards were quicker than our guards which eliminated our outside game and we had no good plays to get players open shots so it was over quickly. *** They were also mostly much older and experienced......

I think we will need to add at least a couple of junior or senior class players this spring, either from jucos or the transfer portal.

I thought his reaction was odd, because they’ve played better teams (than Cincy) throughout the season, and his comments were always more constructive in what they needed to do better.

Not in this case.

Really odd post game interview by Konkol.

He basically said Cincy is just super good, so there’s not much they could do.

Cincy probably won’t even make the NIT.
You’re correct they probably won’t. They are 0-5 in Q1 and 1-2 in Q2 games. With a 70’s NET the best you could do is the NIT

If Cincy plays like they did against Houston and TU, they will be final 4 in NIT.

Let's be honest, there are only 4 or 5 keepers on this roster for next season. Konkol needs to hit paydirt this spring.

This team doesn't have any real expectations to win. You can see it in the body language on court, especially after they get slapped in the face by our opponents. That usually starts around the under 12 in the first half.
Who do you keep?

When you can't rebound and cannot shoot you only win five games . It's going to take multiple recruiting
classes before this team is relevant in the AAC . My son's high school coach used to say " If you can shoot the ball
above everything else fundamentally YOU CAN PLAY", well TU has a bunch of guys who can't shoot the rock,
a 20 to 25% shooter isn't worth squat

When you can't rebound and cannot shoot you only win five games . It's going to take multiple recruiting
classes before this team is relevant in the AAC . My son's high school coach used to say " If you can shoot the ball
above everything else fundamentally YOU CAN PLAY", well TU has a bunch of guys who can't shoot the rock,
Griffin, Betson, Selebangue can all shoot a certain type of shot. Pritchard to an extent too. Size and athleticism + shooting is the magic combo.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We'll be better next year, and the year after that we'll have our recruiting back to Haithless. Two more recruiting classes including this one will put us in a much better state. We will be noticeably better next year unless Konkol screws up the second recruiting session royally. He won't.

I've changed my opinion on what Konkol will do in the second recruiting class.(Due to Konkol's remark to DLSnid.) It will be 3-5 add-ons. My opinion has it at 3, maybe 4 as likely. I've upped my estimate by 1.

Griffin, Betson, Selebangue can all shoot a certain type of shot. Pritchard to an extent too. Size and athleticism + shooting is the magic combo.
It's hard to play Betson and Griffin together because neither adds much in the way
of play making, rebounding, defense, or ball security...That's why the absence of
an additional PG has been so damaging....While we desperately need a rim
protector, adding an experienced PG in this '23 recruiting class may be almost as
urgent.....

It's hard to play Betson and Griffin together because neither adds much in the way
of play making, rebounding, defense, or ball security...That's why the absence of
protector, adding an experienced PG in this '23 recruiting class may be almost as
urgent.....
I generally agree. Griffin is more complete offensively and has few turnovers. Betson is the better 3 point shooter. But having them both on the court for long stretches means we are going very small.

urgent.....
Both

Let’s put it this way…. If we got rid of 15 players and replaced them with the Chi Omega women’s intramural team, we couldn’t lose many more games than we already have.

Barrister might even pay for a ticket.

Let’s put it this way…. If we got rid of 15 players and replaced them with the Chi Omega women’s intramural team, we couldn’t lose many more games than we already have.

Barrister might even pay for a ticket.
You can do better than that!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT