ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis Game Preview -- Army at Tulsa

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
At first glance, Tulsa's upcoming game against Army looks like it could be an exercise in futility. Army (4-0, 3-0 AAC) is good and has momentum. Tulsa (2-3, 0-1) is coming off a horrible game. In fact, two of the last three games for TU have been disastrous, getting outscored 97-30. Overcoming recent failures, while playing a good team, is what Tulsa has to deal with against Army when the Golden Hurricane hosts the football team from West Point at 11 a.m. Saturday at H.A. Chapman Stadium.

I don't think Tulsa could beat a good Division 2 football team . Just hoping TU's players
don't lay down and flat quit like they did last year against Rice . This rebuilding phase
is hard to stomach . I'll always root for Tulsa, but I really miss those days when Coach
Todd Graham had TU rolling with much better talent and wide open offenses .
Loved going to the games with my father , especially the shoot out at home against a
good BYU team.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
I don't think Tulsa could beat a good Division 2 football team . Just hoping TU's players
don't lay down and flat quit like they did last year against Rice . This rebuilding phase
is hard to stomach . I'll always root for Tulsa, but I really miss those days when Coach
Todd Graham had TU rolling with much better talent and wide open offenses .
Loved going to the games with my father , especially the shoot out at home against a
good BYU team.
Yes, the Graham era was fun. I would love to see the offense opened up and be unpredictable. This game doesn't match up well for TU, but the good news is, the rest of the schedule isn't tough. I think TU can improve over the last half of the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT