ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Finally......... Got about 3" of column space from Hines with no lineups. Even ORU got lineups and bold print. But Haiston took up all my paper trying to promote himself as Montgomery's agent.

I think you can still redshirt someone after they play in an exhibition so the exhibitions may be the last chance to see a couple of players this year.

Reactions: Gold*
Finally......... Got about 3" of column space from Hines with no lineups. Even ORU
got lineups and bold print. But Haiston took up all my paper trying to promote
himself as Montgomery's agent.

I think you can still redshirt someone after they play in an exhibition so the exhibitions
may be the last chance to see a couple of players this year.

Things I will be interested in:

1) Etou's shot selection and shooting percentage....His shooting stats at Rutgers weren't
all that much.....Haith, in saying he might be our leading scorer, has obviously given him
the green light...

2) As I.I. says, red shirt decisions will have to made after the exhibitions...Possibilities?
Magnay, Atson, Battle......Probably in reverse order...These are talented freshmen who
will have trouble gaining playing time with their degree of readiness being questionable...

3) The competition at PG....Henderson seems to have the lead....

4) The overall defensive readiness of the team....Lots of newcomers usually means that
the defense is the last thing to come around....

5) Wheeler....His ability at shooting guard will be huge in determining the success of this
team....He could be a difference maker.....

Last edited:
I guess Montgomery is on everyone's mind with the season the football team is having but I think he means Henderson.

Both are older style English first names. Funny to see someone make the same odd mistake that you might have made at some point in your past lives.

really disgusted with the World, running a front page story on the OU men's basketball exhibition untelevised in Norman and a full-length article on the OU women's basketball exhibition on the same page with tiny print promotions of TU and ORU. Absolutely unacceptable. And the "TU story" on the front page was a slap in the face - when TU wins, it loses its football coach and can't pay enough.

I hope you are reading Kelly and Peters. Get you snot together.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
Looking forward to the game. I think people are going to be surprised about how good this team can be. Look for Mr Wheeler to be a star.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Finally......... Got about 3" of column space from Hines with no lineups. Even ORU got lineups and bold print. But Haiston took up all my paper trying to promote himself as Montgomery's agent.

I think you can still redshirt someone after they play in an exhibition so the exhibitions may be the last chance to see a couple of players this year.

It's a yearly thing -- we get a sneak peak at the starting lineup. Couldn't believe it.

And Scoop's article was written in yellow ink. It will get its own thread.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
TW (lack of) coverage of the HOME teams is something we can agree on.

Although, if you are still reading the TW, my only question is...why?

Better than the others, but yes, there are many threads on here questioning the quality of their coverage.

Henderson Jr. won't suit up tonight. He is still waiting on an eligibility waiver request with the NCAA. I don't know what it could be considering he was a JUCO transfer. Either he had the grades or he didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT