ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.10.21 - 11.11.21) Northwestern State

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAME DAY!!!

Tulsa hosts Northwestern State today at the Reynolds Center. Northwestern State got beat by Oklahoma yesterday 77-59 in Norman. Unfortunately, this game will be at the same time as the Tulsa Men’s Soccer Semifinal against the SMOOOOO and this is also on ESPN +

All of the American teams won yesterday but it was touch and go for a couple of them. Houston was trailing to Hofstra almost the whole game. Tied it up late and Hofstra missed a 3 at the end that would have won the game. Houston took over in the Overtime outscoring Hofstra to win. Wichita State squeaked one out by 3 to Jacksonville State.

Overall, the wins and losses went in a good way. The only losses the GOI had was Alcorn State lost to Washington State and Northwestern State lost to Oklahoma. ORU lost to Colorado State but we play them both so to me that is a wash game.

Today we have four games on the Slate. Northwestern State, Alcorn State and Maryland Eastern Shore play another game today. Northwestern State comes to Tulsa and Alcorn State goes to Seattle U. In the other games we have Maryland Eastern Shore traveling to Philly to play Temple and then Robert Morris travels to Orlando to play UCF.

Robert Morris of the Horizon League posted a miserable 4-15 record last season. Why am I highlighting Robert Morris you ask? Other than I only have 4 games today, Robert Morris was busy in the Transfer Portal. They lost 8 players to the transfer portal and picked up 7 players from the Transfer Portal during the off season. They literally have a whole new team to play with and it looks like they got upgrades doing that. Here is who they picked up.

Mattia Acunzo 6-8/225 RS/FR from Toledo who is a 2 star Power Forward
Rasheem Dunn 6-2/190 RS/SR from St. John’s who is a 2 star Shooting Guard
Ferron Favors 6-3/190 RS/SR from Oklahoma State who is a 2 star Shooting Guard
Michael Green III 5-11/150 SO from Bryant who is a 2 star Point Guard
Brandon Stone 6-11/200 SO from La Salle who is a 3 star Center
Jaron Williams 6-6/210 JR from UT Martin who is a 2 star Shooting Guard
Justin Winston 6-8/220 SO from St. Bonaventure who is a 3 star Small Forward

Maryland Eastern Shore traveled to St. Joseph’s last night and lost 69-67. St. Joseph’s had a good lead on UMES until about 12:30 left in the game and UMES tied it up and it was close the rest of the way with several lead changes. This might be a tough test for Temple even though they are playing two days in a row. Only losing by 2 might be the fire they need to overcome any exhaustion they have from last night.

UMES lost 6 players to the Transfer portal and most went to looks like NAIA or DII schools. They only picked up one from the transfer portal. Dom London a 6-1/170 JR from Florida Gulf Coast who is a 2 star Shooting Guard.

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Maryland Eastern ShoreatTemple1606:00 p.m.ESPN +
Robert Morris313atUCF1036:00 p.m.ESPN +
Northwestern State308atTulsa1277:00 p.m.ESPN +
Alcorn329atSeattle U2369:00 p.m.

NWSU was close to OU for a long time, Arkansas behind Mercer at the half, Wichita down till the last one second and Houston a three in the last minute to come from behind to force overtime. The small schools are much more ready to play it seems with the exception of OSU.

Reactions: loca2874
Was a crazy night of basketball. Nearly 3% of the regular season was played yesterday alone.

To add some players of interest as well. Keshawn Williams started and played 25 minutes for NIU in their upset win at Washington. He played primarily SG and hit a couple big threes in the second half. Also had some out-of-control turnovers.

Elijah Joiner started and played 24 minutes for Iona, but didn't do much when I watched. He's definitely second fiddle on that team to Tyson Jolly. I'd be shocked if they don't win the MAAC. That's a team with some serious talent.

Christian Shumate was first off the bench for McNeese against SMU. Had a couple monster blocks to go with 6 rebounds, but still fancies himself as too much of a perimeter player on offense and missed a couple tough mid-range jumpers along with 0/3 behind the arc.

Isaiah Hill started at PG for Fresno State and had 5 assists/0 turnovers, but shot 2/11 from the field.

Bryce Thompson had 14 in OSU's blowout win, but I didn't watch since neither of those are tournament teams. Trey Phipps played 22 minutes for ORU and hit a couple threes. Also, didn't play much defense, but neither did his teammates tbf.

Jake Wojcik played 31 minutes for Fairfield in their loss to Providence. He's turned into a pretty good mid major player.

Little Rock isn't good, but they've got a fascinating roster with nearly half their guys from either Serbia or Bosnia.

NWSU was close to OU for a long time, Arkansas behind Mercer at the half, Wichita down till the last one second and Houston a three in the last minute to come from behind to force overtime. The small schools are much more ready to play it seems with the exception of OSU.

May not be a fluke. The sport is older than it’s been since freshman eligibility was enacted in the 70s and the mid-majors are benefitting most. The SWAC actually leads all conferences with nearly 2 super seniors per team.

Reactions: loca2874
With the massive movement around the landscape of the sport due to the transfer portal, I am with you that these smaller schools are getting better personnel and are more ready than the bigger schools thought.

Was a crazy night of basketball. Nearly 3% of the regular season was played yesterday alone.

To add some players of interest as well. Keshawn Williams started and played 25 minutes for NIU in their upset win at Washington. He played primarily SG and hit a couple big threes in the second half. Also had some out-of-control turnovers.

Elijah Joiner started and played 24 minutes for Iona, but didn't do much when I watched. He's definitely second fiddle on that team to Tyson Jolly. I'd be shocked if they don't win the MAAC. That's a team with some serious talent.

Christian Shumate was first off the bench for McNeese against SMU. Had a couple monster blocks to go with 6 rebounds, but still fancies himself as too much of a perimeter player on offense and missed a couple tough mid-range jumpers along with 0/3 behind the arc.

Isaiah Hill started at PG for Fresno State and had 5 assists/0 turnovers, but shot 2/11 from the field.

Bryce Thompson had 14 in OSU's blowout win, but I didn't watch since neither of those are tournament teams. Trey Phipps played 22 minutes for ORU and hit a couple threes. Also, didn't play much defense, but neither did his teammates tbf.

Jake Wojcik played 31 minutes for Fairfield in their loss to Providence. He's turned into a pretty good mid major player.

Little Rock isn't good, but they've got a fascinating roster with nearly half their guys from either Serbia or Bosnia.
That is great information. I didnt even think about looking to see how the guys that left were doing.

Alcorn and Seattle are tied at 18 with 6 and ahalf remaining in the first half. The gym they are in just looks weird to me.

Air Force and South Dakota is the only game today for this thread. It’s 18-14 with 4 min left in the first half

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT