ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Highlight Reel

A great memory. I was there and told my group that ND would hand off up the middle and kick the short FG to win. Still shocked that Kelly got greedy and tried to throw into the end zone.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I was there as well. The best part of the TV broadcast was the “uh-oh” when Damaris got some space on that punt return. Would love some more memories like that.

I was sitting about 20 rows up from where John Flanders made the int. Before that I told my buddy, who is a big ND fan, that they would put the ball up in the air. He said, "You think so?" I said yes because coaches are STUPID! The look on his face after the play is something I'll never forget.

Never seen that thank you
I had one of my group not looking on that play and I got to say stop praying we won

Rented a house near the stadium with my entire family and their families. Lifelong ND fans. First college football game for my son and daughter. Walking out... "Dad, ever thought Tulsa would finally play ND?" --- "Nope" ---- "Dad, ever thought in our lifetimes that Tulsa would beat ND?" --- "Nope"

Had a blast. I have the Tulsa World front page Headline and the South Bend front page Headline framed and hanging up in my "room" in the basement.

Reactions: mcane and HuffyCane
b7edb7a8-95cf-4c0e-864d-d0c54acdc8c1_text.gif

I still have the NYT article and the ND tee shirt never worn

Pride goeth before a fall.
We said that on the way out of the stadium...Kelly's arrogance lost that game for Notre Dame. TU played a hell of a game though. Remember, just a week or so earlier, Notre Dame played Western Michigan (I think) and they took ND to the brink too.

Probably the 3rd favorite TU event I've attended in person. 1st was the Sweet 16 game vs Arkansas in 1994. 2nd was the OU game in 1996. Maybe the OSU game in 1995 was 4th (21 pt comeback).

That was a great trip, regardless of how mad they were about the band incident, their fans were almost cult like friendly. I wasn't prepared for that.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
That was a great trip, regardless of how mad they were about the band incident, their fans were almost cult like friendly. I wasn't prepared for that.
A lot of their fans wanted Kelly gone after that game too. We stayed in Chicago and were at a bar after the game and we still had on some Tulsa gear and the people were friendly but they were all seething about Kelly's management of the game and a good number of them wanted Swarbrick to fire him right then (a feeling many of us had with Monty through the years).

Reactions: HuffyCane
We said that on the way out of the stadium...Kelly's arrogance lost that game for Notre Dame. TU played a hell of a game though. Remember, just a week or so earlier, Notre Dame played Western Michigan (I think) and they took ND to the brink too.

Probably the 3rd favorite TU event I've attended in person. 1st was the Sweet 16 game vs Arkansas in 1994. 2nd was the OU game in 1996. Maybe the OSU game in 1995 was 4th (21 pt comeback).
Have to throw out my four:

1. OSU NCAA Basketball (Dawkins)
2. UCLA NCAA Basketball OKC
3. OU Football 1996
4. ND Football Game
Texas A&M football and Cincy NCAA basketball both close
In all of those TU was a decided underdog............

I just watched the whole game on YouTube. This team was stacked. 5 total points away from being 12-1. I hope Wilson can bring us back to those highs. We are in a position in the new AAC to lead the pack like we did in the old C-USA days. I hope we can get there.

A lot of their fans wanted Kelly gone after that game too. We stayed in Chicago and were at a bar after the game and we still had on some Tulsa gear and the people were friendly but they were all seething about Kelly's management of the game and a good number of them wanted Swarbrick to fire him right then (a feeling many of us had with Monty through the years).
Notre Dame & Tulsa did not lose another game the rest of that season, including bowl games.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Notre Dame & Tulsa did not lose another game the rest of that season, including bowl games.
I know but almost losing to Western Michigan followed by losing to Tulsa sent the ardent Hail Mary folks into a tailspin of despair. I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of them cursing at the grotto after the game. But seriously the fans questioned whether or not Swarbrick made a huge mistake and on the heels of the loss and the videographer dying in the accident that week, they wanted Kelly gone, and some wanted him in jail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT