ADVERTISEMENT

Fresneck game thread

What a crazy game! We got the win in spite of a slow start, conservative play calling late in the game with questionable use of clock management, missed FG in OT.... Overcame it all!! Doesn't matter how you win, just as long as you do, and the guys got it done today. That was the most nerve racking finish I can ever recall in a TU game.

After all the crap he takes for his lack of mobility, it really was awesome for Dane to have the winning run! He will be telling that story to his kids & grandkids!

Yeah, I'll try to keep my mouth shut about Dane after that play and the QB draw for the TD. But I use this board to blow off steam when watching games, I get REAL worked up while watching TU football and basketball here in Chicago. I lock myself in the home office so I don't bother everyone else with my screaming and throwing things.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Dane made a few posters look pretty damn silly with his performance today. So clutch.

Brewer was a true warrior, carrying the offense on his back much of the day. What a workhorse.

Brady made play after play. The one guy we could always count on defensively.

Petera, for reasons I fail to understand, continues to see far too little playing time. Despite playing only a handful of snaps, he was the biggest difference maker on our defense. What more does he have to prove to get on the field? He should start & never come out.

What a game!

I like BigZits posts. I freak out and get negative, but then recover. He doesn't recover. He just stays negative after a 31 point comeback.

You gotta appreciate that level of consistency.

I post... because the blowhards on this board actually care.

That noted... crappy play calling today. Kids were not prepared. Fresno is bad.

That noted... great effort. Kids willed it and the better team prevailed.

Reactions: TUGrad06
After all the crap he takes for his lack of mobility, it really was awesome for Dane to have the winning run! He will be telling that story to his kids & grandkids!
We don't need him to run a ton, just often enough that the DEs have to stay home and stay honest.

I post... because the blowhards on this board actually care.

That noted... crappy play calling today. Kids were not prepared. Fresno is bad.

That noted... great effort. Kids willed it and the better team prevailed.

Go blow hard at some juice bar on lower Wacker.

Insane game... first quarter saves me a huge bar tab at Kilkennys ... Second half of game nearly gets me a ticket for watching on my phone while driving back to the compound.

Great job guys!!!

The play calling down the stretch really looks like the staff doesn't trust Dane, which makes no sense. He delivered today, they should trust him to make things happen. In 2OT they were forced to and he delivered. Shoild have done it the final drive and 1OT since Fresno was really stuffing the run.

Well, I didn't get to see the last few minutes of the 4th Q or OT. But I will also eat crow with Dane. Even though I didn't see it, an 18 yard game winning TD run sounds like he made a huge play. Great comeback for the team. I'm a pessimist, clearly, but super happy for the team. Hopefully this is a good springboard for conference play.

since I could not get the mwcom feed to work, I am looking forward to seeing the replays.
This was a season saver and a bowl-game maker. Still celebrating.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Well, I didn't get to see the last few minutes of the 4th Q or OT. But I will also eat crow with Dane. Even though I didn't see it, an 18 yard game winning TD run sounds like he made a huge play. Great comeback for the team. I'm a pessimist, clearly, but super happy for the team. Hopefully this is a good springboard for conference play.

I forgive you, but Gold* is still mad.

Reactions: TUGrad06
See ya on the basketball board. Tulsa football is just brutal and Monty is starting to look like a giant turd.

Quit saying you're going to leave...and just leave. I'm sure the b-ball kids will just love to have you.

So just watched the replay on youtube. What an awesome run by Dane on the read option. That was executed to perfection on the read. I really wish he'd keep it ~3-5 times per game. He is actually sneaky quick, I don't know why he doesn't make more plays with his feet. And that shovel pass to Hobbs, that was the playmaking ability we need. That was an impressive comeback. Looking forward to the next game.

I forgive you, but Gold* is still mad.

The only reason I'll be mad is if we don't get a new Dr. Phil McGraw. As my dear old grandpappy used to say, Bigzit had the last bed in line in the orphanage and didn't get enough love in those cold Illinois winters. Also, the orphanage was above a falafel place and that explains some things.

So just watched the replay on youtube. What an awesome run by Dane on the read option. That was executed to perfection on the read. I really wish he'd keep it ~3-5 times per game. He is actually sneaky quick, I don't know why he doesn't make more plays with his feet. And that shovel pass to Hobbs, that was the playmaking ability we need. That was an impressive comeback. Looking forward to the next game.
After watching this highlight a few times, this was a far different look than we normally show. Typically the RB is headed to the middle and the QB makes the end around run. We showed outside tackle with Brewer, and with how many times he had run the ball that day, the defense swarmed. Dane wasn't touched by a Fresno player until the end zone and the closest anyone came to tackling him was his own G who had pulled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT