ADVERTISEMENT

Football Team doing yoga!

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Completely agree, Bill. Although I haven't done yoga on a regular basis in years, I can attest to its benefits, especially the hot (bikram) yoga. I loved that stuff. It literally kicked my ass. Then they jacked up the price to $15 for 90 minutes and I says, I can kick my own ass for free running all day up and down Riverside.

Reactions: LindaKlein
Completely agree, Bill. Although I haven't done yoga on a regular basis in years, I can attest to its benefits, especially the hot (bikram) yoga. I loved that stuff. It literally kicked my ass. Then they jacked up the price to $15 for 90 minutes and I says, I can kick my own ass for free running all day up and down Riverside.

When I was coaching my wife and I did yoga and I got the instructor to set up some exercises as a part of our preseason strength and conditioning program.

Early on there were some funny moments, especially with our bigs, but after the 1st day everyone bought in and got a lot of benefit. Our instructor added some dance moves to the program. Combined, the players gained flexibility and their agility improved.

Things like this always bring me back to the 80s when Hershcel Walker was pretty open that he took ballet lessons because it helped his athleticism, strength, and balance. Remember, Herschel was more than just a football player, he was flat out a world class athlete.

Yoga is more than the balance and strength. I think the focus is a big part of it as well.

Reactions: LindaKlein
Funny coincidence, but my buddy texted me literally this morning that he was sitting on an airplane next to Herschel Walker! Said he looks like he could still go out and play high level football, and he is 54 years old. Told my friend that he does push-ups every day, and still some occasional yoga moves and stretching. Said he was extremely nice and engaging, but I'm sure I know who won the elbow battle for the armrest! Lol

I'm assuming it was because of Adam Davis, but the football team has been doing off-season summer yoga since Coach Monty got here. This is just the first spring/summer that Mrs. Montgomery is teaching it.

Tulsa was using yoga stretching concepts to help build speed back in the mid 90s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT